Thread: First time at Airventure

First time at Airventure

I have purchased both my wrist bands and parking passes for the 2023 Airventure. My question is, can you leave the parking area and return later the same day, using the same general daily parking pass and wrist band?

Definitely yes as far as the wristbands. We’ve never parked in general parking but I assume the parking pass will allow you to come and go during the day too, but that could prove to be a bit of a PITA.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Is a definite yes for the parking pass too, but leaving and returning can definitely a PITA. You should be aware that general parking areas are well west of the general exhibit area but EAA provides shuttle bus service. Due to the roads, the place is basically a one way in and one way out arrangement. EAA and local law enforcement do the best they can given the cards they are dealt. Unless you’re arriving really early in the morning anticipate delays due to volume of traffic. As they say…Welcome to Oshkosh!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Depending on the time of day, it is possible to spend a looooooong time getting into a parking lot from the highway and similar on the way out. Once you park it kinda makes sense to stay on the grounds. Arriving quite early and leaving quite late can be beneficial.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

It's all a moot point because you are never going to want to leave anyhow.

On post #5 - It is really not practical to leave and come back during the day. If you think that you might save $$ by going out for lunch, be advised that you will pay more in aggravation getting back in and probably parking much farther away than your first spot. You can get food and drink at the show, a shower if you need it, and even get out of the sun on the grounds.

Bring a comfortable folding beach chair.

Best of luck,

Wes
    Last edited by WLIU; 02-15-2023 at 09:01 AM.

And to that point, fast food has gotten so expensive that it's really not too outrageous to eat on site now.

To add my two cents to all the excellent advice above, the two lane traffic into and out of the world’s biggest aviation event is a spectacle unto itself. I’d be there as early as practical and stay until an hour or so after the airshow ends, 7:30 or so. You won’t be bored. If I needed to leave earlier than that I’d be gone by the middle of the airshow. In-house busses can get you to the museum and seaplane base.
    Welcome, and have a blast!

Get an umbrella for shade and rain and a pocket poncho, take a lite backpack as well.