Thread: Notsu-EZ

Notsu-EZ

Decided to make some tweaks to the Long-EZ. Working around with a 3D model first to drop into OpenFoam. I'm about 8 hours in so far. I'm trying a different approach of designing them in components versus one solid model. Wanting to go with a forward swept wing of about 3-6 degrees to try and shift CG forward. I'd like for the thing to stay on all three wheels without any sandbags. I've already successfully pulled it into FreeCAD so pulling dimensions off of it shouldn't be a problem.

Got some more work. Didn't feel like fighting the formating here.
    https://imgur.com/a/56UqFNG
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Drake Firebreed; 01-02-2023 at 09:54 PM.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi Drake,
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Firebreed View Post
    Working around with a 3D model
    IMHO the best way to do it
    designing them in components versus one solid model
    Again, IMHO the best way to do it
    Wanting to go with a forward swept wing of about 3-6 degrees to try and shift CG forward. I'd like for the thing to stay on all three wheels without any sandbags
    Bit of a problem here - the forward swept wing moves the COL (Center Of Lift) forward, thus allowing you to move the COG forward, but it doesn't actually move the COG very much. Bottom line: You might still have to use sandbags to keep it level on the ground. Suggestion: Try moving the rear undercarriage back as far as you can. Also, the COL forward move will somewhat lower your elevator authority.
    I've already successfully pulled it into FreeCAD
    Nice Please keep us informed.