Good: with the notable exception of Saturday night (which I missed, waiting it out on the ground at DPA) the weather was great. A tad windy sometimes, but overall, great.

I greatly appreciated the lifetime member pavilion. It replaced the former lifetime member dinner and a tent on the flight line that you had to have reservations for and could only use one day. I think this is a real winner (if you are a lifetime member. If you are not, it's existence doesn’t hurt you.)

plenty of trams. Although I didn’t use them much, preferring the exercise (22 thousand steps some days). They were plentiful and it seemed like people should have to wait long for a ride.

EAA staff. All those in encountered were friendly and as helpful as they could be (but see bad entry below).

shout out to staff from PS Engineering and Aircraft Spruce, who would go out of their way for great customer service.

Bad. I might as well mention supply issues. Phillips running out of 20W50 was a surprise. On the plus side, it was extra weight I didn’t need to load in the plane.

new hire EAA staff. Reports from others in my group are that the new hires did not get an orientation of the grounds before AirVenture started. For example, one didn’t even know where the blue barn was. That said, she was still helpful and happy to take directions to assist an older chapter member in getting there.

Cell phone coverage was strange. I use Verizon. There were places on the grounds where coverage seemed unavailable, although my phone showed at least three bars. Texts wouldn’t go out and phone calls went straight to voicemail. Other places were fine. Based on previous years, I never even tried to access the WiFi.

Ugly. I got nothing