Thread: Miracles Do Happen - New App Is Connected to Website!!!!!

Miracles Do Happen - New App Is Connected to Website!!!!!

The new EAA Events app is actually useful as I can use a PC to look at and add events, and then see them on my phone! It is the feature I have been waiting on for at least a decade! Thank you EAA!

It's the End Times and the hot place has frozen over!

Wonderful news!!

The filtering on the website is... not great. For instance, if I select all days and then Workshops, I only get filter results up through maybe late Tuesday or Wednesday. So I have to filter out days to see all the results.

Other than that, thank you so much for connecting the web site and app.

Connecting the website and the app is nice, but the app seems far worse now as far as I'm concerned:
    1) No more being able to tag your parking location in the app. This was one of the beast features of the app!
    2) Maps need an internet connection to display?!? Given the lousy service all across the grounds, this is ridiculous - why can't static maps be incorporated into the app itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
    Connecting the website and the app is nice, but the app seems far worse now as far as I'm concerned:
    I wouldn't know how the app was prior since I just used the website. The schedule on the app was a little clunky, but fully functional. The maps were terrible (low resolution versions of the pdf's).

Last year the app was unusable because it wouldn't even come up when there was no internet data (and there was none for a bulk of the busiest days). This year the dead times were much better (really only completely dead on Wed and Saturday afternoon) but still that's a peak visitor time (and why it crashes obviously).

I have a pretty good handle on the internet because this year we were relaying information between our operations building and the Vintage hangar using a little Verizon hotspot. Next year, hopefully, we'll get a direct connection.

I found the APP to be totally unusable this year. The map kind of worked but I want or need to be able to look up a vendor and be shown where they are located and not have to go to one of the buildings and look at the "sign post" to see what booth location of a particular vendor is. The "map" in the program lists the number of booths but not who is in that booth.
    First time we didn't spend ten days at OSH. We came in on Monday mid day due to weather and left Thursday. Frustrated at having to hunt for vendor locations. I try to not ride the trams due to congestion but I walked 28 miles in three days just hunting.