Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web cams

Glad to see they're up. In some recent years there was also an airshow cam, that streamed the afternoon (and maybe evening) airshows. Does anyone know if that will also be available this year?

I had a launcher on the desktop of my laptop to open a browser directly to the address of the cams, and it still works, but it forwards to a new address, https://www.eaa.org/airventure/live which as all 3 cams in one place. However, it seems you can only view one at a time, and with the YouTube links posted above I can open each cam in a different browser tab and switch between them at will.

The only thing I'm somewhat disappointed about is the loss of the central cam. I think the "Green Dot" cam was a good idea, but maybe it could have been added as a fourth cam instead of moving the central. Now it seems the only coverage of the show center is the overlap of the ultralight and warbirds cams, at the ends of their scans. But I agree it's an improvement over last year.

Webcams looks great, But no central cam???? It was great to look in on vintage and the rest of central display area.
    will it be back? It’s like a piece of a puzzle is missing. ��

I take back my previous comment. The cams look better than they ever have, thanks. I also wonder why no central cam? The green dot cam will be great for watching arrivals, but maybe after the show gets going, move it to a central location.

I too would like to see the central cam from Vintage.

Thanks for sharing the links! I have a disabled relative who can't physically make it to the event, so the webcams are the next best thing.

The cameras do look very good, much improved over last year! I do also wonder why no central camera?? Not seeing Boeing Plaza is a bit of a disappointment........
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Hey everyone! Glad to hear many of you are happy with this year's livestreaming so far. After last year's feedback, we really wanted to ramp up our offerings and make the overall experience better for all of you. As for the central/vintage stream, we were experiencing some connectivity issues with the camera late last week and due to rain we couldn't get up to fix it but the feed should be on its way.
    Elayna Hall
    EAA #1229926
    Social Media Coordinator
    Experimental Aircraft Association

Quote Originally Posted by Elayna Hall View Post
    Hey everyone! Glad to hear many of you are happy with this year's livestreaming so far. After last year's feedback, we really wanted to ramp up our offerings and make the overall experience better for all of you. As for the central/vintage stream, we were experiencing some connectivity issues with the camera late last week and due to rain we couldn't get up to fix it but the feed should be on its way.
    Excellent!! Thank you!!
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

The Web-cams are soooooooooooooo much better this year - Thank you..................

Quote Originally Posted by Elayna Hall View Post
    Hey everyone! Glad to hear many of you are happy with this year's livestreaming so far.
    Well, not everyone. My employer probably isn't thrilled with the slight dip in productivity as I keep these up and running on another monitor and constantly glance over... all this despite the fact that I'll actually BE there on Friday.

But yes... these are awesome, and thanks for feeding the anticipation!

Edited to add: The Green Dot camera looks to have a case of the shakes.
    Last edited by SteveCostello; 07-18-2022 at 12:24 PM.