Thread: I quit using SW in disgust.

I quit using SW in disgust.

The following is my input to SW about my update experience.

When I tapped the SW icon in the system tray to open SW 3DEXPERIENCE, I was greeted by a pop indicating that I had Hotfix 1 and needed to update to 2.6. For most apps that would have been a simple task that perhaps would require a restart. I tried multiple times that always ended with error code 1603. In an attempt to get a fresh installation, I tried to have Windows uninstall SW but that failed. I also tried the SW-specific uninstall batch program but that failed too. I don't have time for Dassault's abuse and fortunately have alternatives. So, I quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
    The following is my input to SW about my update experience.

When I tapped the SW icon in the system tray to open SW 3DEXPERIENCE, I was greeted by a pop indicating that I had Hotfix 1 and needed to update to 2.6. For most apps that would have been a simple task that perhaps would require a restart. I tried multiple times that always ended with error code 1603. In an attempt to get a fresh installation, I tried to have Windows uninstall SW but that failed. I also tried the SW-specific uninstall batch program but that failed too. I don't have time for Dassault's abuse and fortunately have alternatives. So, I quit!
    I had some snags with the upgrade that was about the same time. It eventually worked, but I do recall at some point going into the directory and deleting the downloaded files before trying again.

I had a period of several months where it worked pretty well for me - but lately it's gone back to asking for a password often, and since I used a machine generated password, I have to copy/paste from a browser. Paypal knows what machine I'm on and just works. Maybe Solidworks can figure out how cookies work...

As an occasional, casual user I got tired of it essentially NEVER working when started. Seemed like every time I tried to use it I had to install an update (and reboot), or re-license it, or completely remove and re-install. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. I'm removing it completely, but I suspect that's going to be just as difficult as trying to use it was.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.