Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
Have you tried the various compatibility options on starting the application in Window 10/11? I've found that helps getting some old stuff like the UPSAT 480 simulator to work.

I can't believe it's an insurmountable problem. One of the companies I consult for uses a pre-dotNet version of Visual Basic as a basis for their rather extensive police department management software.
Other than a Surface laptop, I don't have a Windows 10/11 box to fiddle with. This is why I'm considering picking up one and using a KVM switch to go between my Windows 7 and a Windows 11 box. If I get things running acceptably on the new box, I'd switch to it as my primary computer.

Having the programming environment for Visual Basic only available in a virtual window (or compatibility mode) isn't so bad; it's just that the .exe files generated in VB don't run in Window 10/11 so every time I wanted to run VB stuff I'd have to switch to the virtual window. I do that now to run some 16-bit programs on Windows 7; it takes a long time for the virtual window to boot up.

Got a good little computer shop nearby that has built all my computers for the last 15 years. Probably will stop by to talk to them.

Ron Wanttaja