Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
My Air and Space Smithsonian subscription just featured a blurb with videos when accessed on Sean D. Tucker giving a talk on line as his stunt aircraft was hung in the main Mall building in Washington, DC. I almost met him in person in 1998 at an Air Show at Selfridge Air National Guard Base. I had watched his feature among the others as the Thunderbirds were there also but I wanted to talk to him about the Toyota engine in his bird. ???? I thought it was in some way related to the Continental "Tiara" Overhead camshaft engine that was beginning production....
Could be it was part of the Toyota effort in the '90s to develop an aero engine. Co-worker and I had a visit scheduled at Edwards AFB. We got to the area early, and decided to wander through the flight line at Mojave. Saw this airplane sitting in front of the Scaled Composites headquarters....

Name:  Lima2-3 Toyota.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  101.7 KB

Went in and asked them about it, but they wouldn't tell us. Later, Scaled turned out to have a contract with Toyota to test an aircraft version of one of their auto engines.

More info:

http://stargazer2006.online.fr/aircraft/pages/lima.htm

Ron Wanttaja