Thread: Small Arms Vulnerability

Goggles Small Arms Vulnerability

The current Russian (I almost typed Soviet) threat to the Ukraine kept me up last night past 1:35 AM until 5 this morning and now into the day. My first experience with combat information in 1965 was with combat damage reports from the Navy Safety Center in San Bruno, California. I was given the data as part of an exercise at Douglas Aircraft to decide to produce new build AD's/ A-1 "Skyraiders". I ordered a diecast model which was slated to arrive on the fifth but arrived yesterday. I have it over with my jet and fanjet USAF 1/100th models though it is 1/110 th. I tried to join various aerobatic, V/STOL and military organizations in addition to EAA and got chased off two years ago. I hoped to expand on my Navy "Tailhook" ties into USAF ties. The A-10 and women pilots Ernst and McSally as retired colonels also left me at political contributions if wanted only. My opinion based on the aircraft I analyzed that went into inventory and remained there until now is that "we can beat those guys!" I masked my local excitement here in the preparations and Marathon, Half and 5K. What Next!

And here I thought this thread was about how dinosaurs had trouble maintaining their homebuilts....
    Name:  t-rex fly baby.JPG
Views: 2112
Size:  54.9 KB
    Ron Wanttaja

Well played, Ron. Well played.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

One of the precautions I was given for who I knew and what I knew from an engineer at PWA was "When working on static electricity. Don't point!" I chose silence, celibacy and poverty rather than activism. Even now that most of the near celebrities I knew now are passed away, I am especially cautioned by the late fate of Marion Carl, Harold Adams, the Chairman of TELEX and the Jai Lai, one of the founders of Endeavour Airlines ... SETP and AHS don't really have involvement in aircraft design before a cockpit is defined. No, not drones or RPV's, Performance Physics in parametric form. I fell down last year and missed out on OshKosh because I don't really understand what is in "Gravitation" by Charles W. Misner, Kip S. Thorne and John Archibald Wheeler and was only a tiny presence in the University of Texas Mechanical engineering presentation on Additive Manufacturing in the Wheeler theater at that institution nearby. Uranium? Says Who?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
    and the Jai Lai, one of the founders of Endeavour Airlines
    Is that a foreign airline?

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Is that a foreign airline?
    Betting game, IIRC.

Endeavour is a regional airline and would have taken me to/from OSHKOSH with a hop in one way from Atlanta and the other from Detroit.

Jai Lai is a sports game that was in Palm Beach and Telex is the International equivalent of Domestic TWX we used in 1978-1981 for Field Service messaging.

I didn't realize that it's been nearly 25 years since Marion Carl was killed, sad end for an old warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
    Jai Lai is a sports game that was in Palm Beach and Telex is the International equivalent of Domestic TWX we used in 1978-1981 for Field Service messaging.
    Oh. I am familiar with Jai alai and Endeavor airlines. Maybe that's why I didn't get it.