Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: AirVenture 2022

  1. #31
    Auburntsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    459
    The 2022 NOTAM has been published https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/Ai...res-NOTAM.ashx
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    55
    Children under 18 still get in free ?

  3. #33
    Auburntsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by skyranger View Post
    Children under 18 still get in free ?
    Yes
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

  4. #34
    DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    KMLE
    Posts
    629
    What about it you just occasionally get accused of acting like you're under 18?
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

    Flying an RV-12. Building a Fisher Celebrity.

  5. #35
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    What about it you just occasionally get accused of acting like you're under 18?
    E.g., can we self-identify as 17 years old? :-)

    Ron Wanttaja

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    58
    > The 2022 NOTAM has been published

    I love how it’s been renamed to a Notice on the front cover to avoid the stupid new NOTAM acronym.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by mc20 View Post
    > The 2022 NOTAM has been published

    I love how it’s been renamed to a Notice on the front cover to avoid the stupid new NOTAM acronym.
    I didn't know this, so had to use Mr. Google to help me - lol

    "On Thursday, Dec. 2021 the meaning of the acronym NOTAM changed from “Notice to Airmen” to “Notice to Air Missions.” According to the 176-page rule from the FAA, the name change complies with the Federal Women's Program (FWP) suggestions, as the term Notice to Air Missions is “inclusive of all aviators and missions.”
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  8. #38
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I didn't know this, so had to use Mr. Google to help me - lol

    "On Thursday, Dec. 2021 the meaning of the acronym NOTAM changed from “Notice to Airmen” to “Notice to Air Missions.” According to the 176-page rule from the FAA, the name change complies with the Federal Women's Program (FWP) suggestions, as the term Notice to Air Missions is “inclusive of all aviators and missions.”
    I don't have a problem with it, for several reasons.

    First, the original was a bad acronym. It should have been "NOTA," not "NOTAM." There's rarely a reference to "Air Men", so with the term "Airmen", the "M" at the end is superfluous.

    Second, not everyone who uses them is a member of a flight crew. "Air Missions" better encompasses the range of users.

    I admit the transition will be awkward, but transitions usually are. Humans get over it. Ten years ago, a new product was put on the market to massive hilarity and derision over its name. Many of the jokes compared the name to women's menstrual products. But today, we see "Ipad" without a blink, and similar products from other companies' similar products are called "pads" as well.

    Give it time....

    Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 05-27-2022 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gwinn, Michigan
    Posts
    239
    Question for "glampers". Is there a place to fill camper water tank and how much do they charge ?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    55
    There are several places - FREE !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •