Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2022

Thanks. Had to ask . Was checking camping guide and it said fill tanks near red barn and there was a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Thanks. Had to ask . Was checking camping guide and it said fill tanks near red barn and there was a fee.

There is a fee if you want to have the water brought to your camper. If you can find a faucet on the way in to your campsite you can fill 'er up yourself. The fee is basically for the convenience of having the water delivered.
    Cheers!

Joe

Thanks Joe. Now if gas prices will just go down LOL

I'm wondering when the schedule of forums will be posted? Just checked the Airventure website this morning, didn't see anything.

Seems like there's not much effort this year, either by the EAA or the participants. News has been slow to non-existent. No forum schedule or vendor list. No concert. (yeah, yeah, the covid excuse while music festivals are still happening everywhere) Fly-in theater with no presenter announced. Not much activity on this board considering how close the date is. Haven't heard anyone asking about the app yet. Even the usual meet-ups on the other boards are absent.

Hopefully more people show up than in 2020.

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  44.7 KB

I suspect that a number of folks - attendees and vendors - are weighing their financial options as fuel prices continue to rise to insane levels. Whether they drive up to Oshkosh as I do or fly in, it is a REAL make/break concern. In my case I make a 100 mile commute from my motel to the airfield and back each of the nine days I volunteer on the trams. More than doubling my gas expenditure from last year's levels WILL dictate/cancel a lot of my spending choices at the event. I am still attending because old & crummy jokes aren't gonna tell themselves on those trams, but the budget will be taking a substantial hit.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I will be driving up from Southern Indiana with friends, likely carpooling in a couple of vehicles so we will split the costs. We still plan on going, though it will certainly be more expensive for us than in previous years. Besides fuel costs, food and other supplies have increased. Luckily most of my group is well off financially so we have the disposable income to attend despite increased costs. Not everyone is that fortunate.

The organizations that will suffer are the most are the flying museums who are already operating on a tight budget. I’ll bring extra cash to drop them some larger donations that usual. With my business we are fighting constant supply chain issues… can’t get parts, supplies, and there is a shortage of trucks for shipping equipment. I expect EAA is facing the same problems but much amplified.

We’re also in a big Covid peak at the moment, so fingers crossed it will die down by next month.

I have also noticed the lack of a schedule. Does anyone remember when it was usually available in past years? Despite the challenges, I plan to try to stay for the entire week and am getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    ...I have also noticed the lack of a schedule. Does anyone remember when it was usually available in past years? Despite the challenges, I plan to try to stay for the entire week and am getting excited.
    G'day Jeremy,

there's a schedule here: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...dule-of-events

It is available for PC and phones/tablets and I have registered and found it to be very user-friendly. Just click on the big blue button. Not all events are listed but I presume that more will be added during the next couple of weeks. Like you, I am very excited about this year's event.

Let the excitement begin!! The Tram Boss just sent me my conductor schedule for my 9 day run at the back of the rigs. Plenty of time now to begin rehearsing the hundred or so 'dad' jokes I'll be using this season. Many old ones and many new ones of course, and all are 100% guaranteed squeaky clean. In today's idiotic 'woke' environment I sure wouldn't want to offend any super-sensitive attendees.

MY rule of thumb? If I wouldn't tell the joke from the pulpit in a house of worship, I won't tell it from the back of a tram. I keep my life simple that way.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks George. I see that now!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    G'day Jeremy,

there's a schedule here: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...dule-of-events

It is available for PC and phones/tablets and I have registered and found it to be very user-friendly. Just click on the big blue button. Not all events are listed but I presume that more will be added during the next couple of weeks. Like you, I am very excited about this year's event.