Thread: Rental Cars vs Uber/Lyft

Rental Cars vs Uber/Lyft

So we typically come in with a motorhome and getting a car reservation a year in advance I can usually get a decent enough price, so I do that instead of taking the RV in and out. However, it looks like Hertz is not in Oshkosh anymore and Enterprise says there is no cars available for next year during that week anywhere near Oshkosh. Hertz in Milwaukee is already charging $1200+ a week for a car.

So at those prices, it's not worth it. Have any of you used Uber/Lyft or the Taxi service to get around during the week? Does it work out fairly well or not really?

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It looks like Alamo up in Appleton is still reasonable. Although since we come from the south not quite as easy.

Still wondering how Uber and Lyft do. I realize at this time of year it will take a while for people to see this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I've used Uber to go from Friar Tucks (NW corner of KOSH) downtown to the Roxy supper club. I used the local taxi company for the return trip. We tried to get an Uber this year for a ride to the Fox River Brewing Co, but it was 5pm and the driver couldn't get near where we were waiting due to heavy departing traffic.
    The city bus has always been there for us, too.

take the bus around the field to the terminal building--easier for uber or taxi to pick you up there