I received the following email from EAA this morning:

Dear Eric,

Thank you for being an EAA member and for taking advantage of the SOLIDWORKS EAA member benefit. For the last five years, we have been proud to offer SOLIDWORKS Education Premium to EAA members free of charge. The uptake and feedback from members has been tremendous.

As we roll into the next phase of the SOLIDWORKS and EAA relationship, I wanted to communicate an important change to the program.

Beginning today, EAA members will have access to 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers at a 50% discount. This offering is replacing SOLIDWORKS Education Premium, which was free of charge for EAA members. This change was not initiated by EAA.

With this new benefit structure, EAA members will have greater access to support and resources. Now included in this member benefit is:

• 50% off 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers: The world’s best design tools, now for hobbyists and personal projects.
    Retail: $99/year | EAA Members: $49.50/year
    Roles within this product include:
    • 3D Creator
    • 3D Sculptor
    • 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Professional
    • Collaborative Business Innovator
    • Collaborative Industry Innovator

• FREE access to SOLIDWORKS training resources ($156 value)
  • FREE access to three SOLIDWORKS certification exams ($198 value)
    • Collaborative Business Innovator
    • Collaborative Industry Innovator
    • 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Associate – Mechanical Design

• FREE access to quarterly aviation-focused SOLIDWORKS webinars
  • FREE access to the Maker Communities

Those EAA members currently using SOLIDWORKS Educational Premium will be able to continue using this version until their license expires. Once a member begins using 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers, they will need to renew on an annual basis.

Here are some helpful links:
Details about 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers ›

3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers FAQ for EAA Members ›

Request EAA member-only access to 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers ›

Thank you for being an EAA member. I hope you continue to find value in EAA’s partnership with SOLIDWORKS, and enjoy 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know.

Tailwinds,
David Leiting, EAA Manager, Membership Development
Figures. Just when I get serious about learning and using the tool, DS wants to put their hand in my pocket…