Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any COVID?

Any COVID?

Let me be clear - I wish no illness on anyone, and want EAA to thrive and prosper.

It’s now been a week since we’ve all headed home. Is anyone aware of any attendees who’ve come down with it?

Being a Yankee who lives in TX, I really want to be able to proudly proclaim that we CAN gather by the 100s of thousands and practice common sense measures and not create a nationwide surge of infection.

Hope y’all had a great time and am looking forward to next year. We had a blast.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

The Other Ron posted that one of his fellow volunteers tested positive after the show. Breakthrough case.

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...ll=1#post85341

Ron Wanttaja

Myself, my brother and my sister in law. A friend just emailed me and said he was positive. All of us fully vaccinated. I suspect that there will be many cases but not attributed to being there.

Most fully vaccinated folks will test positive because of the antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Most fully vaccinated folks will test positive because of the antibodies.
    They may test positive on an antibody test, but it doesn't affect the viral test, which is normally used to determine if there's an infection.

"Will getting a COVID-19 vaccine cause me to test positive for COVID-19 on a viral test?

No. None of the authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.​

If your body develops an immune response to vaccination, which is the goal, you may test positive on some antibody tests. Antibody tests indicate you had a previous infection and that you may have some level of protection against the virus."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nes/facts.html

"Viral tests are used to look for current infection

A viral test checks specimens from your nose or your mouth to find out if you are currently infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. Viral tests can be performed in a laboratory, at a testing site, or at home or anywhere else. Two types of viral tests are used: nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) and antigen tests.
    "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...c-testing.html

One way to look at it: Most of the cruise ship outfits require passengers be vaccinated, AND pass a pre-departure COVID test. If being vaccinated caused folks to flunk the COVID test, no one would be getting aboard....

Ron Wanttaja

One of our volunteers (who got his vaccinations in January) came down with COVID a few days after the show. I had to run out and get tested as I was going from Oshkosh to a family reunion and didn't want to wipe out my relatives. Fortunately, everybody who worked with this guy seems to have come back negative.

None of the 6 people in my group have felt sick since returning but we were all vaccinated. Covid is so unpredictable though; many people get it and have zero symptoms while others get it and feel deathly ill if not worse. With this new variant all bets are off ... many who previously had Covid or who were fully vaccinated are still testing positive though the symptoms may not be as bad.

While I was attending AirVenture several people in my office back in Louisville came down with Covid. I asked around and none were vaccinated. They were all under the age of 30 and one didn't get the shot due to being pregnant. The others had no real reason for not getting the shot, they just never got around to getting it.

I'm sure many who attend this year will get it, either being exposed at AirVenture or somewhere else around the same timeframe. Hoping anyone who gets it recovers just fine. Everyone stay safe and healthy!

one of the B2Osh members caught it at Oshkosh--flew home--died a few days later--very sad
    Know of several other people that caught it at Oshkosh
    none of these people were vaccinated
    I got very sick for two days--had been vaccinated--took a covid test--came back negative--was well enough to fly home at the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    one of the B2Osh members caught it at Oshkosh--flew home--died a few days later--very sad
    I got very sick for two days--had been vaccinated--took a covid test--came back negative--was well enough to fly home at the end of the week
    Very sad to hear that news, Kevin. We arrived the Friday before. On Monday I felt like crap. Figured it was a summer cold as by Wednesday it was gone. Or could’ve been allergies. No fever, just swollen throat. We’ve been fully vaccinated since March.

Very sad to hear of all the cases in responses to this thread. I guess I’m not surprised, but was just hopeful that results would have been different.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    That is horrible news. So sorry to read this.