Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMN View Post
The good: Good for me at least was the Viper Demo teams last high speed pass during the Thursday day air show. I have never experienced an aircraft breaking the sound barrier so I am no expert but pretty sure it happened on the very north end. I would love to hear opinions from anybody who experienced it or knows more details on it. I was right on the flight line north of the forum buildings and the Vans booth. First sound we heard was a double boom that was like two lightning strikes right next to us. The compression was like somebody punched you left right in the chest. I heard reports it took some people off their feet. This probably falls in the bad or ugly category for some others. Hope the pilot didnt get in too much trouble. It certainly is the highlight of my nearly decade of attending.

Not really a bad as we arrived to camp Tuesday so that has got to be the worst possible time to show up. As expected we were in the far SW corner and there wasnt much room left either.

The Ugly: post Airventure depression. Another year and I still dont own an airplane darn it. Next year.
I am no expert but others have said he didn’t break the sound barrier but came right up to the edge. I was told a real sonic boom is unmistakable and would have broken windows, etc.

Since it is illegal over land, I am sure it would have made national news if he did. And for all of us airplane nuts, I am sure we all agree we didn’t hear anything, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk