Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noise Pollution and Aircraft Camping

It would be nice if the helicopters selling rides would revise their routes away from the Forum area, so presenters can be heard.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    I cannot believe I am reading this! I guess we ALL should have stayed home and watched OSH on our computers. I'm surprised that their is not a thread for Noise Abatement, or Low Flying Airplanes, or even B-17s flying over head making unusual noises. Come on FOLKS Grow UP and have a Good Time! Have FUN for crying out loud! If you cant handle the noise Don't Come and stay home and play with your money!!!
    Well the campground has a courtesy quiet time beginning at 10:30 pm, but the fly in theatre, in the campground runs well past that every night. I don't think it's too much to ask that they follow their own guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    I cannot believe I am reading this! I guess we ALL should have stayed home and watched OSH on our computers. I'm surprised that their is not a thread for Noise Abatement, or Low Flying Airplanes, or even B-17s flying over head making unusual noises. Come on FOLKS Grow UP and have a Good Time! Have FUN for crying out loud! If you cant handle the noise Don't Come and stay home and play with your money!!!
    I Agree with this. People are there to have a good time so just let them. One week of poor sleep want kill you. If you can’t cope with it perhaps camping isn’t for you. Next we’ll have people complaining that the airport shouldn’t open until 9 so they can sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Well the campground has a courtesy quiet time beginning at 10:30 pm, but the fly in theatre, in the campground runs well past that every night. I don't think it's too much to ask that they follow their own guidelines.

Wow what is the vintage of that whine! I wonder do you follow all guidelines perfectly? Its just a week! Have Fun! I would NOT want to be your F/O...

Camping: where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Well, to be fair, some homeless people spent small fortunes to live that way, too.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

I don't understand. I stagger out of the tent at 6am looking for a greybox and coffee, and return sometime before midnight. My problem is falling asleep fully clothed. You guys must not be doing Airventure right. I suggest volunteering with Vintage Flightline and coming a week before the show to help set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrexx View Post
    You guys must not be doing Airventure right.
    +1