Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noise Pollution and Aircraft Camping

Angry Noise Pollution and Aircraft Camping

Is it just me or is impossible to get any sleep if youÂ’re camping next to your airplane due to the never ending karaoke and debauchery occurring just off site at the beer tent or any of the random houses just outside the fences? ItÂ’s currently 2330L and the concert is still pounding away back there.

EDIT: I don’t want to be the cause of more restrictions placed on someone’s enjoyment during AV week. This thread has been a learning experience for me, I will be bringing ear plugs every year now, problem solved.
    Last edited by Stratobladder; 08-15-2021 at 06:04 AM.

We had the same awful experience in homebuilt camping in 2019. Rather than hope for a miracle, my wife and I got some decent earplugs and made the best of it.

When I tell folks that every year I stay at a motel that is 50 miles away from Oshkosh cuz it's affordable, they often tell me it would be easier if I camped. I always reply "No thanks", the last campground I stayed in was called Vietnam and that satisfied any desires to sleep outdoors for me.

More on topic, those inexpensive soft foam ear plugs are wonderful things. Great noise reduction and actually quite comfortable.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

People talking loud, ports potty doors slamming all night, traffic on the perimeter road…

Bring earplugs and sleep in ‘em. That’s what I’ve been doing for decades.

I thought for a minute you were talking about the Sturgis experience. Then I see I'm perusing the EAA forum.

Similar crowd, but with less facial hair and fewer women.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

fewer tattoos as well but I'm sure that will catch up

I figured Sunday night I could go to bed early.....nope, not happening. Layed on my cot wide awake becasue of what was going on at the Theater in the Woods (and why do thay call it a "theater" anyway?) and the Fly-In Theater that went on and on until 11:30. Really?? I guess I'm just getting old and cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Franck View Post
    I figured Sunday night I could go to bed early.....nope, not happening. Layed on my cot wide awake becasue of what was going on at the Theater in the Woods (and why do thay call it a "theater" anyway?) and the Fly-In Theater that went on and on until 11:30. Really?? I guess I'm just getting old and cranky.
    Maybe EAA should think about making a, "Senior" campground area !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Maybe EAA should think about making a, "Senior" campground area !
    Bob
    Naah. Old guys can’t hear anyway. ;-)