Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Stream on YouTiube

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Jim -- here's the specific rule: "21. Please do not use the EAA Forums community to make or pursue complaints and concerns about EAA, its employees and agents, programs and services, organizational policies, customer service failings, etc. Please submit feedback to the appropriate location in the organization, and we will endeavor to be as responsive as possible: mailto: feedback@eaa.org"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hi Jim -- here's the specific rule: "21. Please do not use the EAA Forums community to make or pursue complaints and concerns about EAA, its employees and agents, programs and services, organizational policies, customer service failings, etc. Please submit feedback to the appropriate location in the organization, and we will endeavor to be as responsive as possible: mailto: feedback@eaa.org"
    That's very confusing, Sam.....am I to read that to preclude the EAA membership discussing among themselves the policies of their own organization? Isn't that the rough equivalent of corporate shareholders not being allowed to discuss the corporation they've invested money in? Am I way off base here?

Disclaimer....I realize they're not 'your' rules, Sam. This is certainly nothing personal.

Thanks!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-24-2021 at 09:22 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello Jim, you're certainly able to discuss EAA's policies amongst yourselves, but we prefer it does not happen on the EAA Forums. We would prefer any complaints, feedback, criticism is directed to our feedback email. From there, we would direct that feedback to the appropriate staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hello Jim, you're certainly able to discuss EAA's policies amongst yourselves, but we prefer it does not happen on the EAA Forum.
    Your forum, your rules, Sam...... https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/comm...ad-huh.133310/

32,000 POA members started without you.....

Jim

PS- .....and welcome your input with open arms. ;-)
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-24-2021 at 10:30 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello Jim -- thanks for sending. To give you a little insight as to our line of thought for situations like this -- we do try to give a bit of leeway when it comes to our rules because we don't want to stifle our members' opinions. Shutting down threads is not something we want to do. In fact, this was the first thread I've shut down in probably over a year for a non-spam or non-off topic reason -- and it's a decision that came after consulting with other staff members about it. That in mind, our rules have been in place for years and we do need to enforce them when we feel it's crossed a line. But, as stated before, you are welcome to email our feedback email with your concerns about the webcams or this very forum.

Sam, I think it goes without saying that if the members on this thread find this so upsetting that you have to take the rare action of shutting down the conversation, it’s warrants your taking our collective frustration back to leadership when you have your event postmortem. Not every decision is a winner and I think you can put this change into that category.

I applaud your willingness to explain the association’s position.

Respectfully,
    Dave Sirota

Sam,

I hope your recovery from the fly-in is complete! Now that there's been time for emotions and sentiment to settle, how does the membership convey our frustrations about the changes to the streaming video system? I think I can speak for others that changes to resolution, image size, and the panning and zooming we enjoyed in past years are disappointing.

Respectfully,

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi Dave -- you are free to email any feedback you have about our programs, whether it's the web cams or something else, to feedback@eaa.org. This goes straight to our director of communications and he can relay these comments to the appropriate parties and our senior leadership team. Thanks!

Hey, Jim. Yes. It's a tough eaa (note lowercase) world. But, they have the money and they rule. Sad.