Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapel Pin and 'The Coffin'

Lapel Pin and 'The Coffin'

First of all sorry about the weird title, LOL. I've been searching for a 2012 Airventure Lapel pin to complete my collection since I've been going since 1994. So far eBay has not produced one, so I'm seeing if anyone on here has one they'd be willing to part with, I'd be happy to pay $20 bucks for it, maybe even meet up with the owner at Airventure next week to do the exchange. Just a shot in the dark.

The Coffin, so I heard about this rumor the first year my wife (then girlfriend) and I camped in Camp Scholler back in 2015. Supposedly there's a coffin filled with beer somewhere in the campground where you can grab a few out of the coffin, only if you provide a six pack of decent beer to add. Anyone else heard of this? If so, where is it?

Getting so excited to get back up there next week, my wife and I will be pulling in on Wednesday morning and staying through Sunday, even my 3 year old is coming up for the day Saturday (we'll see how that goes). The other day my wife said it's starting to get "Oshkoshy" around where we live (Franklin just outside Milwaukee) because it seems like there's a lot more airplanes flying around lately, she won't admit it, but I know she's getting excited too.

Only a few more days!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinH View Post

The Coffin, so I heard about this rumor the first year my wife (then girlfriend) and I camped in Camp Scholler back in 2015. Supposedly there's a coffin filled with beer somewhere in the campground where you can grab a few out of the coffin, only if you provide a six pack of decent beer to add. Anyone else heard of this? If so, where is it?
    Its no rumor, those guys are there every year, I believe its a group from the Pilots of America forum? There was a connection to a business too, but I cant really remember. He is usually in Pauls Woods, but with the ever changing layout of Scholler, that might be different now.
    Last edited by deftone; 07-20-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    Its no rumor, those guys are there every year, I believe its a group from the Pilots of America forum? There was a connection to a business too, but I cant really remember. He is usually in Pauls Woods, but with the ever changing layout of Scholler, that might be different now.
    Thank you, we'll have to take stroll through there and see if we can find it!

Quote Originally Posted by lkorona View Post
    Those are two other events (I've attended both, and they are a good time, though it sounds like hOPS is on the ropes since Jay has retired... he was looking for a sponsor to take it over, and a few of us are trying to pull at least SOMETHING together).

This mystery Coffin thing I'm not familiar with, but it is distinct from these other events.

Is this what you're talking about?
    https://youtu.be/-tu6-nM6LPw
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
    First of all sorry about the weird title, LOL. I've been searching for a 2012 Airventure Lapel pin to complete my collection since I've been going since 1994. So far eBay has not produced one, so I'm seeing if anyone on here has one they'd be willing to part with, I'd be happy to pay $20 bucks for it, maybe even meet up with the owner at Airventure next week to do the exchange. Just a shot in the dark.

Getting so excited to get back up there next week, my wife and I will be pulling in on Wednesday morning and staying through Sunday, even my 3 year old is coming up for the day Saturday (we'll see how that goes). The other day my wife said it's starting to get "Oshkoshy" around where we live (Franklin just outside Milwaukee) because it seems like there's a lot more airplanes flying around lately, she won't admit it, but I know she's getting excited too.

Only a few more days!
    Don’t know bout the coffin, but I lost a 2012 pin too. I have also been looking on eBay but no luck as you mentioned. Wish eaa would stock past years. Since I lost my 2012 I always buy back ups. Would be willing to make a trade if someone out there has a spare 2012 and needs something I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Is this what you're talking about?
    https://youtu.be/-tu6-nM6LPw
    Bob
    That's gotta be it, now just have to locate it, I'm assuming it's in Paul's Woods, hopefully they still have it, that was an old video.

Thanks!

I heard some people talking on the tram that said he didn’t show up this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They used to have a discount store in Camp Scholler past the barn store. Lots of pins and patches from former shows. But that closed a few years ago...I heard someone bought all of the old patches but IDK about the pins.