Thread: I flew to A/V hats

I flew to A/V hats

Important question, sort of. We have been given the chance to fly a bigger and faster airplane, 172 vs 150 to A/V, which will put us there in the afternoon of the 25th instead of the morning of the 26th. My friend/copilot is afraid he can't get the, "I flew to Oshkosh" , or whatever it says, hat or tee shirt if we get there a day before it starts. I didn't even know there was such a thing, personally, I prefer to get there a day early but then again, I'm retired and he isn't. I think he's looking at getting back home and to work, geese, all that for a hat. To me, we're going to be the same amount of time it seems. Can someone enlighten me on this so I can tell him it's ok, or he's out of luck. Thanks
    Bob

Excuse me while I get some popcorn.

Not sure what he's talking about or what your question is. You can order a shirt that says "I flew to Oshkosh" without ever going to the show. (See https://www.eaa.org/Shop). I ordered and have one that says, "I flew to Oshkosh 2020". But I've never landed there and have someone hand me a t-shirt. Only time I got free t-shirts was from vendors or if I volunteered. I got a cool hat from Vintage for standing in the mud and parking planes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdewey View Post
    Not sure what he's talking about or what your question is. You can order a shirt that says "I flew to Oshkosh" without ever going to the show. (See https://www.eaa.org/Shop). I ordered and have one that says, "I flew to Oshkosh 2020". But I've never landed there and have someone hand me a t-shirt. Only time I got free t-shirts was from vendors or if I volunteered. I got a cool hat from Vintage for standing in the mud and parking planes.
    Well that will have to do, but we will be flying in so he can brag with his shirt if he wants to. Then gave him a nice hat when we flew into SNF a few years back, as soon as we registered, so I guess that's what he's thinking. Not only is being a pilot a very special group, it's a small group compaired to the rest of the population and flying into AirVenture it's even smaller. I feel privileged to be included in that group and though only one of us will be PIC, I think both of us will get the shirt. Been there, Done that, got the shirt! And Steve, no need for the popcorn.
    Bob

It is indeed very special to fly into Oshkosh! Hope you have a great flight and a great time and even pick up some great swag!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdewey View Post
    It is indeed very special to fly into Oshkosh! Hope you have a great flight and a great time and even pick up some great swag!
    Yes! What mcdewey said.
    Have a great week.