Thread: Mobility Scooter recomendations?

Mobility Scooter recomendations?

Anyone own/use a mobility scooter that works well on and off paved surfaces? I know most all brands can handle indoors, sidewalks and asphalt (like the ones Vista rents), but how about over all the grass areas of parked airplanes at AirVenture?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Anyone own/use a mobility scooter that works well on and off paved surfaces? I know most all brands can handle indoors, sidewalks and asphalt (like the ones Vista rents), but how about over all the grass areas of parked airplanes at AirVenture?
    Randy, I didn't think scooters and such were allowed in aircraft parking. I could be wrong though, I was once before, many years ago.
    Bob

Mobility scooters are available for rental on site but there is a caveat about difficulty navigating certain areas such as grass and gravel; even worse if it rains. Personal mobility scooters are permitted. Can’t make a recommendation but a quick Google search showed lots of options depending on your budget.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

A short follow-up - I decided to pull the trigger and I've rented locally a Go Go Sport mobility scooter that I will be using for the duration of Air Venture and then at a local Rennaisance Faire the following week. I'll report back on how well it worked. IMHO it's a lot easier for me to bring my own than have to schlepp back and forth every day to the area of the Bus Park to get to the on-site Vista Mobility rental tent.

My rental unit breaks down into 4 main components none of which weighs more than about 45# so it's easy to put in the back of my small SUV. And the battery pack comes off so I can charge it each night in my motel room.

Here's hoping it won't disappoint.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln