Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Cams

We also haven’t heard from the friendly, dedicated volunteers who have managed the webcams in the past. Perhaps they’re gone so the process is less efficient.

I hope not. They did a great job. Between the camera portion coupled with the internet component, it seem to me that its a pretty specialized skill. I suspect they'd be hard to replace - with a volunteer no less.

Well, Webcams are up. Compared to years past VERY DISAPPOINTING. Poor resolution, crowded with an EAA advertisement. It's a cry'n shame EAA can't afford to put out a better product. Oh Wait, they have 38.....MILLION in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Well, Webcams are up. Compared to years past VERY DISAPPOINTING.
    I saw those too, and had the same reaction. I recognize they (the old cameras) were not a money maker, but they sure created pre-show excitement for the people who are hard core enthusiasts. Also, they gave me an opportunity to call the Mrs. from the show, tell her what camera to watch so I could wave at her.

If you click on the little gear icon you can select 720p and that makes the resolution a bit better. For some reason auto keeps it at potato spec, probably yet another tech glitch from EAA. Its a little concerning how rough things have been in the lead up to OSH'21. I realize there are probably still people working from home etc, but we have known the show will be going ahead for some time.

The huge ads on the webcam feeds are just crass and unnecessary. Lets face it, if you are looking at webcams of the grounds before the event is even taking place, you are probably aware of an EAA membership.

Prelude

Seriously, if the webcam mess that is presented, just one day prior to GRAND BROWN ARCH AIRVENTURE 2021 OPENING is any kind of a hint of this years airventure (note, lowercase), then I am a dot on your wind screen.

Also, is there no longer a way to select a specific camera? There seems to be only the option for the 3-in-1 feed, or a "cycling" feed, which I would assume cycles through the 3 cams, but all I am getting on that option is a black screen with "This event has not started yet."

Very disappointing camera display. Because of some surgery I will be limited as to when I can actually attend. So some of my exposure will be at home watching my monitor.

This year's webcams are like the AirVenture App - a great idea but poorly implemented.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

So.....seriously.....3/4 of the screen for webcams and 1/4 for advertising? ....no option for individual cams, to enable one to focus on their actual interests. Without 'the boys' the combined assets of EAA and P&W muster up a reduction in service?

My first EAA fly-in was RFD in '62 (8th grade). First Oshkosh was '71...regular attendee/volunteer. Still own multiple arcraft. It seems in this and other areas EAA and I are going down different paths.

Membership is up end of the month. Guess that's long enough.

Jim
    EAA 64315
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-22-2021 at 12:40 PM.