Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have any "Camp Scholler Express Arrival" received tickets/wristband yet?

I got my packet in the mail yesterday. I was not able to purchase both the wrist bands and the camping passes in the same transaction for some strange reason. I had to make two transactions. My wrist bands were in there... So, is it safe to assume that the things in my packet that look kinda like concert tickets are in fact the camping passes? Cuz... they don't really say WHAT they are.
    They just say:

Patron: (long number with a dash in it)
    George Burns
    (my address)

And it is superimposed over an "etix" logo.

Our first year to attend, so not really sure of what to expect in the way of "credentials/passes"

Bump for some help with my question. Surly someone here knows the answer. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by geosnooker2000 View Post
    Bump for some help with my question. Surly someone here knows the answer. ^^^
    I haven't seen these before, but carefully studying, there is only one ticket with any camping information on it, so I'm going with that one as the credential.

That said, I don't know what portion of it is required to be displayed vs. kept to get the refund when we leave, either, but I assume there will be someone to ask eventually on site

I'm more comfortable asking questions after arrival than I am waiting in a check in line

Quote Originally Posted by bentmettle View Post
    I haven't seen these before, but carefully studying, there is only one ticket with any camping information on it, so I'm going with that one as the credential.

That said, I don't know what portion of it is required to be displayed vs. kept to get the refund when we leave, either, but I assume there will be someone to ask eventually on site

I'm more comfortable asking questions after arrival than I am waiting in a check in line
    Oh, I kinda see what you mean. I have a third "ticket" that has the receipt info. I bet that one will be required to get into camp with your car/SUV/whatever, and you are supposed to keep the ticket marked "patron" on on your person to prove you belong in the campgrounds? I may be wrong on that, but that's my logical assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by geosnooker2000 View Post
    I got my packet in the mail yesterday. I was not able to purchase both the wrist bands and the camping passes in the same transaction for some strange reason. I had to make two transactions. My wrist bands were in there... So, is it safe to assume that the things in my packet that look kinda like concert tickets are in fact the camping passes? Cuz... they don't really say WHAT they are.
    They just say:

Patron: (long number with a dash in it)
    George Burns
    (my address)

And it is superimposed over an "etix" logo.

Our first year to attend, so not really sure of what to expect in the way of "credentials/passes"
    My, "concert" tickets are for admittance for the week. If you paid for your weekly admittance to A/V you should have a receipt for $122.00 per ticket, if you are a member.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    My, "concert" tickets are for admittance for the week. If you paid for your weekly admittance to A/V you should have a receipt for $122.00 per ticket, if you are a member.
    Bob
    Interesting. My admittance for the week came in the way of a wristband (2 of them, one for me, one for the wife). The receipt for those was $125 per. $122 + a $3 handling fee.

I received three similarly sized items related to camping plus the wrist strap for entry into the air show area:

1) Receipt

2) Something labeled "Patron" - I have no idea what that is

3) A traditional looking event 'ticket' with typical 'section, row, & seat' headings although those don't apply to Camp Scholler

The included instruction booklet has these two items under the heading "Express Arrival":

* Remain in your vehicle and present your camping voucher to the attendant. (My belief is #3 above is the 'camping voucher')

* Receive your camping credentials and proceed to your campsite

My belief is the 'camping credentials' are the same thing we've gotten in past years when doing the traditional checkin/entry at Camp Scholler. It's a two part cardstock. One part goes on your vehicle dashboard to allow for leaving/reentry, and one part gets attached to some 'fixed' part of your camp - tent, trailer, pop-up canopy, etc. You want to 'mark' your campsite with this even if you happen to drive your primary vehicle away. Attach it to a pop-up canopy or heck, even a lawn chair left behind if you drive out for some reason. WARNING - the past few years have had HEAVY camp use, and don't even think about leaving a hole on your site on Wed or Thursday - someone WILL park there. Cover the area with a tarp. Use lots of ropes to mark off the area, and even then, it's 50/50 someone will move it and then park their vehicle in your campsite if they can.

In past years, we've never had to have anything on our person to prove we belong in the campground. 'proof' has been the two-part 'camping credentials' attached to the vehicle and/or tent/trailer.

appreciate you closing the gap between the Camping ticket and the credential - and pointing back to the booklet that had the info.

Unless I'm missing something per the booklet it appears express arrival only applies July 22 through July 25. I don't see any special procedures for those who purchased express arrival that arrive during the show. Kind of defeats the purpose if we need to get out and stand in line anyway. Maybe that was clear when I purchased and just missed the details but one would think they would have something in place during the show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMN View Post
    Unless I'm missing something per the booklet it appears express arrival only applies July 22 through July 25. I don't see any special procedures for those who purchased express arrival that arrive during the show. Kind of defeats the purpose if we need to get out and stand in line anyway. Maybe that was clear when I purchased and just missed the details but one would think they would have something in place during the show as well.
    Are the queues for Scholler during the week not much reduced compared to the weekend? It would explain the lack of an express arrival option. We always arrive the weekend prior to show start and its not uncommon to see the queue back to the interstate.