Thread: Luggage

Luggage

Coming in by airline this year and will be at Airventure about 10:30 (Thursday). Staying at dorms. The dorm check in is 4 pm and this year they will not store baggage. Is there an alternative to me carrying my luggage around all day on Thursday at the show? thx for any and all advice..Tom/Fort Myers

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Coming in by airline this year and will be at Airventure about 10:30 (Thursday). Staying at dorms. The dorm check in is 4 pm and this year they will not store baggage. Is there an alternative to me carrying my luggage around all day on Thursday at the show? thx for any and all advice..Tom/Fort Myers
    Are you talking Thursday before the show, or during the show?

During the show, 7/29....Just got the dorm newsletter today which has the following:
    "Packages, & Baggage

You may not ship packages to campus prior to or during your stay. This decision was made based on space and Covid-19 policies. We will not store baggage for any guests. If you arrive early to check in, there will be a designated space to wait with your baggage. We are not allowing a storage option due to space and security reasons."

If your room happens to be ready before 4pm, they'll probably let you in. Ring them prior to your arrival and enquire. This is an extract from the Gruenhagen FAQs on the university's website:

What time can I get into my room?

Check-in begins at 4pm CDT

• If your room is ready prior to this time you will be allowed to check-in early.

It's worth a try; they're reasonable people who always strive to please their guests. Good luck.