PDA

View Full Version : Initial Setup Settings/Libraries specific for Aircraft Design

patrickrio
06-08-2021, 08:54 AM
Hi, When I was deciding to install SolidWorks via EAA I saw an EAA webpage that gave directions for recommended settings/Libraries etc. useful for airplane design. I have not been able to find that page again. I cannot remember if it was on the main site or in the forums..

Can anyone direct me to that location again?

Are there any other recommendations for setup/addons/libraries etc. for aircraft design?

I am specifically interested in carbon fiber composite/glider style design capabilities.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Meyer
06-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Hi Patrick,

I'm guessing you're looking for libraries of non-isotropic materials?
I'll be happy if I'm wrong but I suspect you'll have difficulty finding such a "library", because non-isotropic materials are by definition very application specific - you (the user) need to define a myriad of parameters - layer thickness, layer material/properties, fiber direction, number of layers, fiber/matrix ratio, etc.
Also, such composites are not specific to aircraft design. I don't remember seeing such a library in SW.
So, sorry to be the party pooper - If you do succeed in finding such a library, please post a link so we can all join in the fun.

Jeffrey

patrickrio
06-12-2021, 01:55 PM
There was a webpage with initial setup reccomendations for general aircraft somewhere though. I think it had airfoils and some other downloadable parts and examples on the list. I just can't find it anymore.