PDA

View Full Version : EAA Flight Test Manual

Jim Heffelfinger
05-10-2021, 12:40 PM
" EAA expects a final version of this AC to be released in the coming months, and is currently working on improvements to the EAA Flight Test Manual and creating associated guidance to make task-based flight testing even easier as the program is rolled-out" from the recent press release.
Q: Will EAA have an easy revision (pdf) to the flight test manual that current manual owners can update?

Tom Charpentier
05-10-2021, 01:34 PM
We don't know exactly how we'll handle the distribution of Rev 2.0 just yet, but we definitely want to make it easy for current users to upgrade. It will be a fairly major overhaul - the core of the guidance (the test cards) will not change much, but we'll be adding in more ancillary guidance on things like creating an operating handbook and using the Flight Test Manual to transition to an already-built aircraft.

In the meantime, we will be moving to Rev 1.1 in the next month or so. This update contains fixes to a few mistakes and typos. As soon as we go live we plan to publish an errata sheet to the EAA website that should make it easy for Rev 1.0 users to keep up with the corrections.

Eric Page
05-10-2021, 09:44 PM
Well, now I'm sorry that I asked family for the book and cards for my birthday back in Feb. They'll be obsolete before my plane is finished.

melann
05-11-2021, 08:08 AM
It would be great if these were distributed to EAA Flight Advisors.

Jim Heffelfinger
05-31-2021, 08:36 PM
Thanks Tom. Always hard to do a print rev. especially if it involves lots of pages... How about a discount on 2.0 for 1.0 owners? As to comments re flight advisors - (IMO) If you are serious about your status of being a flight advisor and actively advising then the FTM should be in your hands and being used..

Kyle Boatright
06-12-2022, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised this isn't a free online resource for anyone who wants it. Between the limited market, printing and distribution costs, and other costs associated with inventorying hard copies, I can't imagine anyone is making money off of the print version. Having it as an online freebie would be a good way to distribute the material to the intended audience.

Airmutt
06-18-2022, 07:44 AM
I’m OK with the selling of info, but was thinking maybe it should be like an online line subscription. That way if test cards get revised or added you’re not stuck having to purchase a whole new paper edition. Just a thought