PDA

View Full Version : Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

provoshane
02-07-2021, 04:06 PM
How early would I need to get to Camp Scholler to have a 100 percent chance of getting a site with electric?

FlyingRon
02-07-2021, 09:34 PM
The hookup spots are booked online not by first come/first serve.

If you don't have a reservation, the chances (well in most non-COVID years) are Zilch.

krw920
02-08-2021, 08:20 AM
In past years the improved sites have been sold out 1.5 to 2 weeks prior to the show. Reservations for the sites open the same day the campground opens, but you will be paying for the site from the day you reserve it through the end of the show. Not sure if they offer refunds on those sites either, should you leave early.

FlyingRon
02-08-2021, 08:27 AM
No refunds, no backfilling either to my recollection.

Tim Hoversten
02-18-2021, 04:50 PM
You are actually purchasing the site, not reserving it, hence you are charged from the moment you click the mouse to complete the transaction, through Aug 1, regardless of when you actually arrive. No refunds, and no re-assignment of sites is allowed. We refer to it as "first paid, first served" and as a site is purchased it changes color on the map provided, so that you can tell which sites have already been purchased and which sites are still available. You may also call EAA member services at 800-564-6322, Monday-Friday, 8-5 central time if you have further questions. See you in OSH!

Tim

MNWORD
02-23-2021, 07:43 AM
Tim, this procedure is totally unacceptable! No where in the USA does this even happen at RV campgrounds either private, state parks or federal camping facilities.
You make reservations, you occupy what you reserve until you leave. How can the EAA expect someone to pay for a site that they will not use? If you make reservations from July 2 or so when you make a reservation to Aug 1 your purchasing the site? If your site is numbered and you have a reservation you should pay for what you use! I have NO issues for paying for what I use, but I will NOT pay for a site that I do NOT occupy or own("purchasing the site")! Once again TOTALLY unacceptable!

Rod Schneider
02-23-2021, 08:09 AM
The entire campground is nothing more than a way for the EAA to pull in as much money as possible. The policies on the improved sites is clearly meant to generate as much revenue as possible. It kinda goes along with the practice of people being able to stake out the unimproved sites a month in advance even though they won't be occupying them until sometime during convention week. Great for folks who live nearby, not so good for the rest of us who travel a good distance to be there.

Airmutt
02-23-2021, 10:05 AM
Hey Rod, those folks who go in early and stake out unimproved campsites also start paying from that day forward. So from that perspective the policy is uniform. But I do agree it favors folks who live closer. If you are a chapter member you can reserve a spot for your chapter and the chapter office folks go out stake out sites for all the various participating chapters.

mbalexander
02-23-2021, 01:32 PM
Tim, this procedure is totally unacceptable! No where in the USA does this even happen at RV campgrounds either private, state parks or federal camping facilities.
You make reservations, you occupy what you reserve until you leave. How can the EAA expect someone to pay for a site that they will not use? If you make reservations from July 2 or so when you make a reservation to Aug 1 your purchasing the site? If your site is numbered and you have a reservation you should pay for what you use! I have NO issues for paying for what I use, but I will NOT pay for a site that I do NOT occupy or own("purchasing the site")! Once again TOTALLY unacceptable!

You have options, namely 2.........take it.....or leave it.

robert l
02-23-2021, 08:49 PM

If it wasn't that way, only certain people would get those sites, kinda like all the Motels and Hotels that book up several years in advance, all the good sites would be, "locked in" for decades.
Bob

MNWORD
02-26-2021, 06:09 AM
You have options, namely 2.........take it.....or leave it. AND Fool and His Money are soon parted!

Here's another issue if I may! I was leaving my paid for site early, and guess what! Someone else was waiting to pull into my site that I PAID for! Hmm was this option approved?
I guess the EAA campground staff was way to busy to deal with issues like this. Are they going to re-rent the site that I paid for? I guess the EAA person camping liked our site better than the one they paid for. If I paid for it, it should have a no occupancy sign on it until the end of the show! Double dipping if you ask me!

robert l
02-26-2021, 08:31 AM
AND Fool and His Money are soon parted!

Here's another issue if I may! I was leaving my paid for site early, and guess what! Someone else was waiting to pull into my site that I PAID for! Hmm was this option approved?
I guess the EAA campground staff was way to busy to deal with issues like this. Are they going to re-rent the site that I paid for? I guess the EAA person camping liked our site better than the one they paid for. If I paid for it, it should have a no occupancy sign on it until the end of the show! Double dipping if you ask me!

Dude, I'm not trying to get into a pi$$ing match here but, if you are finished camping, you are leaving the camp ground and not returning, why even stress out over what happens to the camp site that you just abandoned ? Seems like a lot of angst over something you have no control over unless you stay in your spot. Hope you fair better next time you go.
Bob

Airmutt
02-26-2021, 10:10 AM
First, You’re operating on the mistaken premise that the slot is back filled.
Second, those sites are high demand assets. Rage all you want, someone will pony up the bucks for the slot you didn’t reserve.
Third, EAA’s rules usually come from years of experience (which isn’t always transparent) and at times is viewed as unpopular/unfair or just plain frustrating by its members. When you attend AV enough times you learn how EAA operates and cope.

MNWORD
02-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Gents! I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone! I just have questions about the sites which is not the normal type of an RV site. I have MANY years of RVing in America and this is not the norm. Someone posted that I am buying the site from the day it was reserved to the end of the show. Why should I pay for the site until the end of the show if it is going to be back filled to another vendor? I am also a Lifetime member and have been coming here for many years so it is not my first AirVenture.

krw920
02-26-2021, 04:06 PM
If someone pulled into your site after you left, they did so without permission of EAA. EAA does not rebook the improved sites. It is your site from the day you book it and pay for it, and remains your site until the end of the show. Unlike the regular campground, no refunds are offered if you leave early, and they do not reopen the site for booking and payment.
I am relatively certain there isn't anybody going around midweek to make sure who is on an improved site is the person who paid for it.

Airmutt
02-26-2021, 07:42 PM
Just to put things in perspective, the Sleepy Hollow Farms campground has a 10 day minimum for a comparable site.

MNWORD
02-27-2021, 06:06 PM
Thanks for clarification on the improved sites. I am not afraid of paying for the services of the sites while I am using them. I do understand that there is no refunds for unused time, my issue is not being able to reserve them for a specific arrival date until the end of the show. I WILL not pay for the site from July 2nd to the end of the month to have electricity and water. I did know about the other campsite and that procedure is not a problem!

Rod Schneider
02-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, there are enough other people who are willing to pay from the beginning of July for the improved sites that it won't be changing anytime soon. I also have an issue with people being allowed to stake out the "first come, first served" campsites and not actually occupying the site until sometime during the week of the convention. In my opinion, you should be required to actually occupy the site. The current system highly favors folks who live close and have the money available to stake out a site far in advance of their actual arrival. Of course, this won't be changing anytime soon, either, because the entire convention has become a way for the EAA to squeeze as much money as possible from every person attending AirVenture. Yes, I've been a regular attendee for many years, not sure about the future...........

robert l
02-28-2021, 02:51 PM
Thanks for clarification on the improved sites. I am not afraid of paying for the services of the sites while I am using them. I do understand that there is no refunds for unused time, my issue is not being able to reserve them for a specific arrival date until the end of the show. I WILL not pay for the site from July 2nd to the end of the month to have electricity and water. I did know about the other campsite and that procedure is not a problem!

An option for you, there are generator sites that allow 24 hr use of generators I believe. I had a pop up camper with A/C there in 2018 and I do believe I received a refund for time not used. It's been two and a half years so I'm not sure, old age will do that to you. Hope you come to some satisfactory arrangement and make it to A/V this year.
Bob

MNWORD
02-28-2021, 07:19 PM
An option for you, there are generator sites that allow 24 hr use of generators I believe. I had a pop up camper with A/C there in 2018 and I do believe I received a refund for time not used. It's been two and a half years so I'm not sure, old age will do that to you. Hope you come to some satisfactory arrangement and make it to A/V this year.
Bob Thanks Bob, we already have a Honda EU3000 Gen Set and a Water system that we have brought in the past and will bring this year again. We have used the 24 hour system with our travel trailer. As of this date we are planning on coming to AirVenture this year. Thanks again and I agree about old age!!
Mike

Tim Hoversten
03-01-2021, 04:39 PM

I think a little more clarification may be in order.

When you go online to purchase your improved water/electric site, you will see a map that shows each individual, numbered site. As a site is purchased, it will immediately change color, so you can easily see which sites have been purchased and which are still available. This constant updating allows you to monitor which sites in which locations are still available, so that you may delay before purchasing your site, if you wish. There is no need to purchase your site on opening day (July 2) if all you want is to get a site and you won't arrive until later - you can wait it out until the number of remaining sites gets close to selling out, then pull the trigger to get one before they are gone. Be aware that in the past, the last site was sold about 1 week prior to opening day, so paying for 2 weeks minimum was common. This year, it may or may not work out that way, so monitor the website closely if you wait to purchase your site.

deftone
03-29-2021, 12:22 AM
Gents! I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone! I just have questions about the sites which is not the normal type of an RV site. I have MANY years of RVing in America and this is not the norm. Someone posted that I am buying the site from the day it was reserved to the end of the show. Why should I pay for the site until the end of the show if it is going to be back filled to another vendor? I am also a Lifetime member and have been coming here for many years so it is not my first AirVenture.

Well.....there is your answer right there....it's Airventure, not a normal RV site:D

Personally, I sit and agonize over the decision to pony up the cash for a hook-up site or just use my generator, and due to being a cheapskate I have never paid for the hookup yet! I couldnt stomach paying 3 or 4 times the price for what is really minimal gain, and as long as people are willing to pay the cash there is no incentive for EAA to change it. In fact, each year EAA expands the improved section to include more and more lots. I remember in my early years attending Airventure in a Tent, now tent campers are really quite restricted in where they can camp.

robert l
03-29-2021, 06:05 AM
In 2018 I camped in the generator area, never used it, as a matter of fact, I had to put on long pants and a long sleeve shirt a couple of times. This year, if all goes as planned, I'll be camping with my airplane, even though I hate crawling in and out of a tiny tent, but in a Cessna 150, weight and space are not prevalent but I want to FLY IN at least once in my life, so I'll suck it up. 8 lbs down and only 24 more to go to reach my target weight of 190. Hey, 8 lbs is 8 lbs, a gallon of fuel and a snack !
Bob

Airmutt
03-29-2021, 06:13 AM
Although I have never used the service, I understand you can have you stuff drop shipped to AirVenture and pick it up when you arrive. Would give you more flexibility. Perhaps on of the forum posters could provide the details???

mbalexander
03-29-2021, 10:18 AM
Although I have never used the service, I understand you can have you stuff drop shipped to AirVenture and pick it up when you arrive. Would give you more flexibility. Perhaps on of the forum posters could provide the details???

One year, we stopped in Springfield, MO to pick up some stuff for a guy that was flying up to OSH. We were in our motorhome headed up from OKC.

FlyingRon
03-29-2021, 02:37 PM
I've camped in Schoeller exactly once. One year when the Navion was down, we came up with our EAA chapter who had a little compound there. Other than that, I've had one year in the dorms, two years camping in the North 40, and about 22 years in Vintage camping.

Tim Hoversten
03-29-2021, 03:44 PM

That is correct, here are the details: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/guest-services/shipping-services

Shipping Services

For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors)
The United States Postal Office will not have a location on the convention site. Do not ship your items via the US Postal Service.
Shipping Labels (https://www.eaa.org//-/media/Files/AirVenture/Exhibitors/2021/2021-GES-Shipping-Labels.ashx): Use these shipping labels for all inbound shipments as they will expedite handling.
Inbound Shipping - For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors): FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc - Must be picked up at the GES Service Trailer, located on the west side of Exhibit Hangar A.
Outbound Shipping - For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors): Packages can be shipped out from The UPS Store located on the west side of Exhibit Hangar A.

robert l
03-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll look into that as an option. If I do get to fly the 150, there may be a couple of 172's going also and I could put some of my gear in their plane. Also, there may be someone from our group driving up so there's another option. Right now, I'm still working on the diet! lol
Bob

robert l
03-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Thanks Tim, always good to have options.
Bob

dougbush
03-30-2021, 12:44 AM
You can't compare it to regular RV parks that are open all year. EAA has to depreciate the cost of an improved site over only one week a year. If you rent a site for any day of AirVenture, you are preventing EAA from renting it to anyone else for any part of AirVenture, so essentially the whole year. Think of it as a one-year lease, because you are getting all the benefit from the site for that year.

2ndsegment
03-30-2021, 04:54 AM
The first time I really lost some weight was in 1975. I had convinced myself that being 5 foot ten and 280 was great as Paul Anderson, the Olympic Champion had fit that spec. But all good things come to an end. It was a time of "wide bodies" and the Viet Nam war was over. My children's doctor convinced me I had hypertension. I needed to take action. He sent me to a Brazilian diet doctor who prescribed a diet that featured coffee at every meal. I stopped drinking beer. My children's doctor prescribed Diazide, diuretic and from a lab test he prescribed a potassium supplement. Straight forward chemical solution. Chemical Engineers was a better profession. They were more popular and made more money. I had a BS in Physics from a state school. ----- The other items in the diet were lettuce and bologna, with one slice of white bread a day.

I sought out free items, like pickled cherry peppers. Then I threw the potassium supplement away as it was purple and had sugar in it. ???!!! sweetener? I don't use sugar in my coffee. Bologna is half fat. So, I bought packages of Carnation Slender and skimmed milk. My room mate had been the son of a dairy farmer and he made up gallons of powered milk and kept them in the refrigerator. When "bossie" died he had her ground up and kept her in packages in the freezer. I did adhere rigidly to professional advice to not go below 1200 calories a day. I was able to lose about 10 pounds a month. A year passed and I was at 180 pounds. I threw away the fat man suit I had bought at Big & Tall.

Bouncing between 230 and 190 became my curse. Then in 1981 I accepted a company proposal to go to rehab. I saw how they became judges to each other. I had read the Big Book and knew doctor Bob was in town as the adjoining room contained a woman who was going to the national convention at the "Breakers" hotel. Not my thing, one day after the throttle cable on my motorcycle got frayed I carefully rode to the Ste Lucie Nuclear Power plant past all the graffiti and parked under a load of rebar being swung to build #4 . I walked up to the gate in the fence and asked to see a Health Physicist.

robert l
03-30-2021, 06:35 AM
The first time I really lost some weight was in 1975. I had convinced myself that being 5 foot ten and 280 was great as Paul Anderson, the Olympic Champion had fit that spec. But all good things come to an end. It was a time of "wide bodies" and the Viet Nam war was over. My children's doctor convinced me I had hypertension. I needed to take action. He sent me to a Brazilian diet doctor who prescribed a diet that featured coffee at every meal. I stopped drinking beer. My children's doctor prescribed Diazide, diuretic and from a lab test he prescribed a potassium supplement. Straight forward chemical solution. Chemical Engineers was a better profession. They were more popular and made more money. I had a BS in Physics from a state school. ----- The other items in the diet were lettuce and bologna, with one slice of white bread a day.

I sought out free items, like pickled cherry peppers. Then I threw the potassium supplement away as it was purple and had sugar in it. ???!!! sweetener? I don't use sugar in my coffee. Bologna is half fat. So, I bought packages of Carnation Slender and skimmed milk. My room mate had been the son of a dairy farmer and he made up gallons of powered milk and kept them in the refrigerator. When "bossie" died he had her ground up and kept her in packages in the freezer. I did adhere rigidly to professional advice to not go below 1200 calories a day. I was able to lose about 10 pounds a month. A year passed and I was at 180 pounds. I threw away the fat man suit I had bought at Big & Tall.

Bouncing between 230 and 190 became my curse. Then in 1981 I accepted a company proposal to go to rehab. I saw how they became judges to each other. I had read the Big Book and knew doctor Bob was in town as the adjoining room contained a woman who was going to the national convention at the "Breakers" hotel. Not my thing, one day after the throttle cable on my motorcycle got frayed I carefully rode to the Ste Lucie Nuclear Power plant past all the graffiti and parked under a load of rebar being swung to build #4 . I walked up to the gate in the fence and asked to see a Health Physicist.

Thanks for the input. The KETO diet and intermittening fasting works great for me, although I do get a hankering for some sweets once in a while, but there's a KETO version for that too. Tons of info on youtube about KETO and also the Carnivore diet.
Bob

FlyingRon
03-30-2021, 08:37 PM
Oshkosh is my opportunity to eat unhealthy for the year. Still, I am active enough during the show that I don't tend to put on weight, though the Major Googles (or whatever the name is) Brat-Eato surely risks changing that.

Airmutt
03-31-2021, 06:32 AM
I would be curious to know just what the average daily walking distance of the typical attendee is. Obviously there are some better choices for food than others. As a daily commuter I always have peanut butter sandwich for a mid morning snack and granola bars for later in my pack.
I completely avoid the carnival/junk food vendors. Hot greasy food on a hot summer’s day is not for me. The main side food court kinda has that feel. The Subway”s just north of the Forum Plaza is my favorite. Although not as many choices as a full up store you can build your own and the line tends to be shorter than most other places. Just wish there was more seating.
Old timers remember when Zaug’s (spelling?) had a lock on the place and finally after enough complaints Paul opened he place up to others. Heck there were a couple of years when McDonald’s had a trailer. Maybe not fine dining but they were fast. They were smart; they offered only combos and rounded everything to the whole dollar. But that was before the proliferation of debit cards.

2ndsegment
03-31-2021, 10:03 AM
Speaking of debit cards, how does one buy food and other things at AirVenture, convert to tokens like the rodeo? credit cards with a blizzard of receipts after, paper money and major delays for change of big bills, small bills and a fanny pack? All of the above and beside/

Airmutt
03-31-2021, 10:24 AM
Plastic- debit or charge always works. If buying food or some lower dollar valued items with cash use small bills. Fanny packs are kinda a waste at AV IMO as one tends to pickup stuff and then you’re stuck hand carrying it for the rest of the day. If use a small day pack and typically throw in a cheap emergency poncho, an extra pair of socks, sun screen, a pen and pad to take notes or exchange personal info a couple of bandaids for the inevitable blister and any personal meds and the like. Oh yeah a water bottle.

robert l
03-31-2021, 10:47 AM
Echo what Airmutt said. I have a mesh backpack that can handle anything I want to put in it, water bottles, cameras, tee shirts that I might buy and everything Airmutt said. I carry several disposable rain poncho cause it's gonna rain ! The ones I get are folded in a plastic pack and are only about 3"x4" but serve the purpose. You will definitely need some kind of hat or ball cap and sun glasses, as far as money, there are ATM machines around and most vendors can handle cash, 10's and 20's easily but I'm sure 1's and 5's are welcome. Have you been on the EAA website and looked at planning your itinerary, you can print it out to make it easier to decide what and when you want to do something. Although, it may not be finalized on the website yet. I'm sure there is much more to add so just keep asking questions.
Bob

CHICAGORANDY
03-31-2021, 11:29 AM
I'm a big fan of Frogg Toggs rainsuits. VERY light weight and great protection in any serious rainfall..... which DOES seem to happen at least once each AirVenture?

steve
03-31-2021, 08:21 PM
I use my card for big ticket items like admission, camping fees, dinners off-base. I usually bring around $200 in cash for the small stuff like ice cream cones, beers at the SOS tent, and lunches.

CHICAGORANDY
03-31-2021, 08:50 PM
"I usually bring around $200 in cash for the small stuff like ice cream cones, beers at the SOS tent, and lunches."

And for day #2?

Airmutt
04-01-2021, 08:32 AM
We joke, but for the first timers, bottled water is like $3 and the prices just go up from there. From a concessions stand point it’s like being trapped in a baseball or football stadium for a week.

2ndsegment
04-01-2021, 09:45 AM
I will be there for a week if only to see a Howard DGA owner if his plane is there but he is off somewhere that day. I once took a Finnish exchange student to learn to skydive and she got to go up in the Howard and not the Cessna with it's door off. So that was in 1964 so --- well I also worked in a 3 story building with no elevator that was part of Jerry Vultee's company after it was taken over by North American to build the Apollo space capsules. Two different couples, two different fates. The Scott Slocum EAA photo of a red Howard (with 450 hp Pratt & Whitney 985? I worked there 1978 through 1981, in Florida) is my background on this computer.

deftone
04-01-2021, 09:46 PM
MODS - Why was my post deleted??

Sam Oleson
04-02-2021, 07:51 AM
MODS - Why was my post deleted??

Hello deftone, as this Forum is moderated by EAA, we cannot host discussion on our channels about any ongoing legal issues EAA is involved in. Thank you.

deftone
04-02-2021, 11:19 AM
no problem Sam, In future perhaps send a PM to advise posters on why posts their mysteriously disappear, especially when no foul language etc is involved.

FlyingRon
04-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Just about everything takes plastic. I've been cashless pretty much at AirVenture since they got rid of Zaugs.

Airmutt
04-03-2021, 06:28 AM
For a couple of years there was a really good Italian setup (Bucca di Beppo) out of Appleton but unfortunately the restaurant went under. But I’m a sucker for Italian. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.

With high end food trucks all the rage, I wonder why EAA has not considered setting up a food truck park.

FlyingRon
04-03-2021, 01:21 PM
. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.
Gosh, I hope not. The EAA site lists the same list of restaurants (more or less) as the past two years: Machien Shed, Major Goolsby's, Roxy, Thunder Bay, A &W, and Benvenutos. There may be a couple of new ones in there, I don't recognize all of them.

mazdaP5
04-03-2021, 03:57 PM
. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.

If we google Zaugs, EAA Museum concessions pops up on the map.

steve
04-03-2021, 07:26 PM
For a couple of years there was a really good Italian setup (Bucca di Beppo) out of Appleton but unfortunately the restaurant went under. But I’m a sucker for Italian.

I order the veal parmigiana at The Roxy Supper Club in downtown Oshkosh every year without fail. Some of the best I've had. The city/dorm bus from the bus park gets you within 4 blocks of the place. Free one way and $5 to get back. YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR THE RESTAURANT. Don't be too late or you'll be calling Uber to back.

Airmutt
04-04-2021, 06:28 AM
If we google Zaugs, EAA Museum concessions pops up on the map.

I’m just guessing but.....I’ld bet that Zaugs has the contract to cater all events that have food service. Believe that they are actually based out of Appleton and were once a family run business that got bought by a larger food service company.

FlyingRon
04-04-2021, 08:30 AM
I’m just guessing but.....I’ld bet that Zaugs has the contract to cater all events that have food service. Believe that they are actually based out of Appleton and were once a family run business that got bought by a larger food service company.

For years that was the case. However, the food for the past few years has been run by several of the local restaurants. Zaugs may be providing the front-of-house services (running the cash registers and serving the food), but the food is a much better quality and selection.

Airmutt
04-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Guss I wasn’t clear, I was talking about events such as YE’s & Lifetime Members dinners, chapter officers breakfast and other catered events outside of AV.

2ndsegment
04-04-2021, 09:37 AM
My son had his wedding reception dinner at Buca Di Beppo in Austin more than twenty years ago. I'm sorry to see they are gone now. Somewhat like Gennaro's in Seal Beach which has something to do with greased pig contests at the Gennaro fest in NYC, I suppose.

FlyingRon
04-04-2021, 02:45 PM
Guss I wasn’t clear, I was talking about events such as YE’s & Lifetime Members dinners, chapter officers breakfast and other catered events outside of AV.
Those aren't happening this year.

Dave Stadt
04-04-2021, 05:19 PM

That is not true. No single caterer could come close to catering but a small percentage of the events. Last I heard the hundreds of catered events are put out for bid. Caterers come from at least as far away as Milwaukee. Of all the catered events we have gone to have never heard Zaugs mentioned as the caterer and after what they served at AV I would probably leave if I were to find out they were the caterers. At this time Zaugs does not have a web site. Last entry on their Facebook page is 2013. I believe we are safe from any future Zaugs culinary treats.

Dick Knapinski
04-05-2021, 08:56 AM
For a couple of years there was a really good Italian setup (Bucca di Beppo) out of Appleton but unfortunately the restaurant went under. But I’m a sucker for Italian. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.

With high end food trucks all the rage, I wonder why EAA has not considered setting up a food truck park.

Zaug's is not back. That company doesn't exist any more, as it's been perhaps five years or more since it was purchased by Canteen (which does not have any connection to food concessions on the grounds). Zaug's has not been involved in AirVenture concessions for nearly a decade. Each restaurant is a separate contract as a vendor.
The food truck park has been discussed, but not to the point where it's logistically viable yet.

Airmutt
04-05-2021, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I went back and saw where Canteen acquired Zaugs in late 2013 and got rebranded. With all that’s going on during AirVenture the logistics required to serve several thousand people at time for the various dinners is pretty impressive.

Flyboy328
05-12-2021, 07:25 AM
Got it!8872

Mayhemxpc
05-16-2021, 05:52 PM
My son had his wedding reception dinner at Buca Di Beppo in Austin more than twenty years ago. I'm sorry to see they are gone now. Somewhat like Gennaro's in Seal Beach which has something to do with greased pig contests at the Gennaro fest in NYC, I suppose.

I too remember having a good time at Buca Di Beppo, but in Indianapolis, so I looked it up. Buca Di Beppo in Appleton closed. As a chain, they are still open 72 locations across the United States, but none in WI.