PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bill Greenwood.

CraigCantwell
12-14-2020, 03:04 AM
Got word last night via another forum, that Bill has passed. His passing was sudden and quite unexpected. Bill was the loving caretaker of Spitfire TE308 for over two decades before selling her to a consortium back in the UK. TE308 returned to the air in August of this year, after 12 years of slow restoration work. Sadly, Bill was not able to see her fly once again in person.

mazdaP5
12-14-2020, 05:12 AM
Rest in peace Bill. When I was a kid, we were leaving Oshkosh driving home to Michigan, and bill buzzed one of the farms on southbound 41, low and fast. That image has been with me ever since, all of these years later. Bill also reached out to me complimenting me about a Spitfire model I built about 15 years ago. That's twice Bill impacted me. Quality.

Hal Bryan
12-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Bill was such a strong voice on these forums. Not always on-topic, but always ready to participate. We just missed meeting in person on a few occasions, but had a couple of lengthy phone conversations that I enjoyed more than I think he thought I did. He will be missed here.

BusyLittleShop
12-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Gone but never forgotten RIP Bill...

CHICAGORANDY
12-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Sincere sympathies to his family and friends.

Mayhemxpc
12-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Rest in peace. We sometimes disagreed on tis forum, but such is the spice that makes life interesting -- and forces you to re-examine things you held to be true. I will miss him here and regret never having had the opportunity to meet him in person.

rwanttaja
12-16-2020, 08:11 PM
Obit in the Aspen Times:

https://www.aspentimes.com/obituaries/obituary-william-sexton-greenwood/

Ron Wanttaja