PDA

View Full Version : VFR Toronto - Real and Simulated Flight Comparison - MSFS2020 - 4K

Doering
12-02-2020, 03:43 PM
A visual comparison of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) with a real world flight over downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Video recorded with the belly camera on the TBM 930 in the sim. GoPro (Hero 9) camera mounted to the upper wing of my Van's RV-9A plane. Both videos recorded at 2,500' ASL and flying at 135 -140 knots following a ForeFlight flight plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtYm4HFwfiU&t=206s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtYm4HFwfiU&t=206s)

CHICAGORANDY
12-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the posting - Asobo and Microsoft have truly created a remarkable representation of the entire planet Earth and provided the opportunity for aviation enthusiasts to sample a terrific variety of aircraft, destinations and weather in a highly 'realistic and immersive' sim environment. A real winner says I. I'm honestly enjoying the experience.

Doering
12-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the posting - Asobo and Microsoft have truly created a remarkable representation of the entire planet Earth and provided the opportunity for aviation enthusiasts to sample a terrific variety of aircraft, destinations and weather in a highly 'realistic and immersive' sim environment. A real winner says I. I'm honestly enjoying the experience.
Thanks for watching! Couldn’t agree more!

Mayhemxpc
12-15-2020, 08:32 PM
I have to admit that is excellent. Too bad other places...like OSH...aren't anywhere near that good. The OSH scenery still has the old control tower and approach light that stick up 50' AGL, including right at the runway threshold.

There is the potential to practice a visual approach into a new airport on MSFS2020 and have good familiarity with the airport environment before flying to a new airport. A plus for safety, at the small loss of some of the mystery of flying to new places. :-)

Doering
12-23-2020, 05:32 PM
I have to admit that is excellent. Too bad other places...like OSH...aren't anywhere near that good. The OSH scenery still has the old control tower and approach light that stick up 50' AGL, including right at the runway threshold.

There is the potential to practice a visual approach into a new airport on MSFS2020 and have good familiarity with the airport environment before flying to a new airport. A plus for safety, at the small loss of some of the mystery of flying to new places. :-)
Absolutely! Great for training and exploration!