PDA

View Full Version : Airventure grounds open on Sunday July 24?

rckol
07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Due to scheduling problems I cannot attend Airventure during its official days this year (Monday-Sunday). Are the grounds open on Sunday the 24th, free or otherwise? I might stop in to just to see arrivals and other aircraft.

TIA

CarlOrton
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, the grounds are open. You do have to buy a wristband, but it's good for Sunday and Monday. Standard day rates for admission, but there's no parking cost (at least, there hasn't been in the past several years).

spongebobiwan
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Not only are the grounds open, but quite a few of the vendors, as for example, in the Fly-Market are already set up and operating. Many others are setting up on Sunday.

John
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I echo what sponge said. The fly-market vendors are going to be pretty much the only ones open and not all of them at that. you won't have access to the main hangars, or pretty much most of the other buildings on the grounds. Some of the food vendors might be open, but I don't remember for sure.

spongebobiwan
07-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah John,

Lots of the food vendors were open already on Sunday last year.

Janet Davidson
07-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Aeromart will be open on Sunday, for drop offs only tho'. Open for shopping begins on Tuesday :)

NAA551WB
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
It really is as if Oshkosh opens on Sunday, its one of my favorite things to do is to get to the big show on Sunday morning and then pull out the chairs and head out to the line and watch all the arrivals. Really the only thing missing is the fact that there isn't an airshow that day but then again watching all the arrivals is well worth it. Unfortunately due to my work schedule I wont be able to get to the show until Friday, oh well, hope there are still a lot of planes there but I'm guessing it will be pretty bare already by Friday morning. Hope everyone gets there safe and we have a safe show this year!!