PDA

View Full Version : uAvionix Echo UAT

flyrgreen
05-14-2020, 02:02 PM
uAvionix has stopped making the TailBeacon EX model, but still have the TSO version. For more $. In talking to them just now, they have a whole bundle that includes In & Out, and antenna for $1400. Called ECHO UAT. Anybody have experience with this unit? Any surprise devices to purchase later, or actually all-inclusive?
Russel Green

DaleB
05-14-2020, 03:11 PM
I have an EchoUAT in my RV-12. It will also need a GPS source, like the SkyFYX. For $1400 you should be getting both. Works great; we're using it with an iFly 740B GPS. Traffic, weather, ADS-B OUT, all working well.

dkhiza
05-15-2020, 06:46 PM
EchoUat with SkyFyx-ext worked great for me in an Acroduster. Basically mount the Echo, 2 antennas, connect three wires, a co-ax cable, and run a simple configuration on an app, and you are done. Easily done in a half day taking your time. It's complete for about $1400 except for the co-ax cable you need to purchase separately.

gbrasch
05-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Have it in my RV-9A. Had a hard time configuring it and getting a pass from the FAA, mainly because I was given bad info from their tech support. Finally found the right guy and it passed and works great.

CAVU Mark
05-21-2020, 03:33 PM
I have it in my RV-3 and it would have worked correctly first time if I had not had dyslexia on the first flight. After that it took a total of five flights and some tweaking and now it works great. Only problem is I look at the damn tablet too much and in a target rich training area it gets pretty busy, even with altitude filtering. Using with Avare.

Helno
05-21-2020, 05:39 PM
If you have an experimental I don't know why you would opt for the tail or wingtip mounted Skybeacon. The whole thing with the skybeacon is a fast install time for certified aircrcaft.

The EchoUAT is more feature rich and less expensive. You can install one in a few hours.

It is small enough to mount on an inspection panel and have the GPS located out in a wingtip.