PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Airventure 2020

Carbiener
05-06-2020, 06:44 AM
EAA should create a Virtual AirVenture (VAV) 2020. Have An online VAV passport where members can upload pics of them visiting 5 airports in the month of July (while social distancing). Virtual Camp Scholler with pics of camping at other/local airports. Submit airplane photos for judging in all the categories. VAV KidVenture balsa glider available. Check 3 passport items and get "I attended VAV 2020" patch or sticker to keep their string running. Possibilities endless.
Ross

Sam Oleson
05-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Hello Ross,

Our team is currently working on a digital AirVenture plan right now. There will be more details released in the coming weeks. Thanks!

Sam

Mayhemxpc
05-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Hello Ross,

Our team is currently working on a digital AirVenture plan right now. There will be more details released in the coming weeks. Thanks!

Sam
:thumbsup::D

PaulDow
05-06-2020, 01:50 PM
Let's start speculating on who will be playing at the virtual opening night concert.
I'm going with Devo (http://www.clubdevo.com)

I hope there will be a virtual ornithopter, and a golf cart pops up for a few seconds when you try to navigate to a different page.

DaleB
05-06-2020, 03:01 PM
and a golf cart pops up for a few seconds when you try to navigate to a different page.

Please, no... just... no. I do like the Devo idea, though.

CHICAGORANDY
05-06-2020, 03:26 PM
I can pre-record some horrible jokes as I conduct an imaginary tram?

CarlOrton
05-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Hello Ross,

Sam
Do I get to claim credit for this since I posted this suggestion back on April 7th? Just lookin’ for my 15 minutes of fame...

2ndsegment
05-07-2020, 12:33 PM
I have a virtual tram.8410

CHICAGORANDY
05-09-2020, 06:33 AM
as a free sample of the possibiliities........

"Last July, while I was busy conducting a tram, my idiot brother called me up in a big tizzy. He had locked his keys in his car and spent nearly 2-1/2 hours under the blazing Sun, working with a bent coat-hanger, to get the wife and kids out of the car. I TOLD him he was a fool to buy that convertible in the first place, but he never listens."

"During the quarantine I called my local restaurant and asked "Do you deliver?", the lady said 'NO, we do beef, chicken and fish'. so I hung up."

PaulDow
05-09-2020, 08:00 AM
With jokes like that, I’m wondering why you haven’t been “promoted” to the black flag tram. That one runs between runway 18-36 and taxiway A during the warbird part of the air show.

Mayhemxpc
05-09-2020, 02:59 PM
did you mean to attach an iPhone commercial as part of your post?

Dave Stadt
05-09-2020, 10:01 PM
as a free sample of the possibiliities........

"Last July, while I was busy conducting a tram, my idiot brother called me up in a big tizzy. He had locked his keys in his car and spent nearly 2-1/2 hours under the blazing Sun, working with a bent coat-hanger, to get the wife and kids out of the car. I TOLD him he was a fool to buy that convertible in the first place, but he never listens."

"During the quarantine I called my local restaurant and asked "Do you deliver?", the lady said 'NO, we do beef, chicken and fish'. so I hung up."

Now I remember why I don't take the trams. ;)

FrankLudington
05-10-2020, 05:51 AM
I was in a very bad part of town last night. At an intersection, a "Lady of the night" came up to my car window. She said "In 3 words or less, tell me what you'd like me to do to you, and I'll do it for $50".

I looked her in the eye, and said "Cut my hair".

izznsky
05-10-2020, 06:27 AM
Randy, have you ever thought about writing a book with your jokes? It may become a best seller, especially for those who have seen you live on one of the trams. Just a thought...

CHICAGORANDY
05-10-2020, 06:50 AM
I have thought of recording them all to be played in a continuous loop at my eventual Memorial Service - lol Beats just staring at an urn and some old pics.

PaulDow
05-10-2020, 07:54 AM
did you mean to attach an iPhone commercial as part of your post?
Oops.
i wanted to attach a .gif of the wall of fire, but size limit for that type of file is only 19.5KB. I thought a quick video clip would work, but I now see that YT is getting real heavy on ads.

Mayhemxpc
05-10-2020, 06:08 PM
It never went beyond the ad. I understand the frustration.

FlyinAdamBadger
07-04-2020, 07:11 PM
I have thought of recording them all to be played in a continuous loop at my eventual Memorial Service - lol Beats just staring at an urn and some old pics.

Do it Randy! I bet the trams can play the loop track like they do with the yodeler and Jerry Sleger's One Man Band.

robert l
07-05-2020, 06:31 AM
Do it Randy! I bet the trams can play the loop track like they do with the yodeler and Jerry Sleger's One Man Band.

:thumbsup:

psvinny
07-05-2020, 03:53 PM
I cant believe I am the first to ask, but have the virtual web cameras been put up yet?

Foxbuilder
07-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know if any forums will be recorded as I won’t be available during the day ?Should like to watch later.

FlyinAdamBadger
07-18-2020, 06:15 PM
Yes, Virtual AirVenture will be recorded for later viewing as well as confirmed by EAA on Twitter. Some events are on Facebook, Youtube, Zoom, GoToWebinar, ect. https://twitter.com/EAA/status/1283393284283432960

PaulDow
07-20-2020, 08:31 AM
I just want to verify, the eaatogether web site doesn't adjust for time zone, right?
When I copy a session to a calendar appointment, I need to adjust the time from US Central time.

Frank Forney
07-20-2020, 09:26 AM
My question also. All times listed are presumably central standard time or are they adjusted for location?

Frank Forney
07-21-2020, 08:09 AM
Email reminders give the times in CDT whereas the website gives the time in user local time. For example, "All-electric Beaver First Flight" was listed at 1100 (my MDT) and the email reminder lists it as 1200 CDT.

PaulDow
07-21-2020, 09:32 AM
I don’t know if I missed it, or the line was just added due to our question, but the schedule page says “Spirit of Aviation Week (All times in Central time)”.

The email reminder I got also says it’s Central time. I have to go back and change all the seminars I set.

Edit:
EAA sent a Tweet at about 12:50 CDT saying "If you are adding events to your calendar from EAAtogether.org, those events will now automatically register in your own time zone within your calendar, not Central Time. Enjoy Spirit of Aviation Week! Schedule eaatogether.org/calendar"

Frank and I must have a lot of influence at EAA Headquarters! :eek:

PaulDow
07-23-2020, 10:09 AM
For the people wondering where the virtual web cams are:
https://www.twitch.tv/ksmith_pe

steve
07-23-2020, 07:32 PM
Can you do a sim SOS Brothers tent...........?

rwanttaja
07-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Seattle's Museum of Flight put together a neat video in honor of Oshkosh 2020... all about Pete Bowers' original Fly Baby, in their restoration facility in Everett, Washington.

https://www.facebook.com/museumofflight/videos/320372952330470/

(Sorry, it's on Facebook....)

Ron Wanttaja

Jim Hann
07-25-2020, 05:40 PM
Its on YouTube also!!!

https://youtu.be/Y11yjJ0HfsQ

Mayhemxpc
07-26-2020, 11:14 AM
I think EAA, the sponsors, and all participants did an outstanding job! I made sure to attend at least one on-line forum each day, flew the Simventure Fisk approach Tuesday and Thursday, and even bought some of the stuff thru the virtual expo I was planning on getting at OSH. I liked how some of the forums went past normal work days, so that the people who did not want to take vacation days for a virtual even could still participate.

I will be flying through OSH this coming Thursday -- as a refuel/lunch stop enroute to IL. Still deciding between Friar Tuck's and West End Pizza so I can have a "taste" of Airventure this year.