PDA

View Full Version : Tucano Replica kit

Evargas163
01-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been doing some research and looking for information Tucano Replica Kit. This is 3/4 replica of the Embraer EMB 312 Tucano. The kit is manufactured by an Italian company.

The website for the builder is https://www.flyinglegendusa.com/.

Is anyone in this forum currently building this kit or have some information on it?

Please let me know if you have any information to share on this kit.

Thanks,
Manny

melann
01-18-2020, 07:52 AM
I have certificated several of these aircraft. I don't know much about the performance, but the aircraft seems to be very well designed.

DaleB
01-18-2020, 08:53 AM
All I know is, I saw one at Oshkosh the last time I was there... and it looked like an absolute hoot to fly.

Evargas163
01-18-2020, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the response.

Is this a good kit for a first time builder?

Manny

rwanttaja
01-19-2020, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the response.

Is this a good kit for a first time builder?
Considering how few are in the US, it's impossible to tell, at this point. There are only six registered examples in the US. As with any new aviation company, there are always worries whether the company will be around. This is even more a concern when the company is based overseas.

I see one of the airplanes is registered out of Cotati, CA. That's a considerable distance from your location, but at least it's in the same state. Talking to the owner might be a good next step. FAA records show him as Robin Langhofer.

The first builders of a kit are basically "beta testers"; it's likely there are some bugs in the design and instructions that will be discovered during the building of the first examples. It's not a good place for a first-time builder.

One thing to be aware of: Only one of the six US-registered airplanes is listed as a "Tucano LSA", but the airplane itself is licensed in Experimental Exhibition, NOT Special Light Sport. If your desire is for an ELSA, be cautious; it may not yet be approved. The published specifications for the Tucano LSA do show it as Sport Pilot eligible, so you can build the Experimental Amateur-Built version and still fly it as a Sport Pilot.

The kit costs considerably more than an RV, and there are a lot of current and former RV builders who could help. An RV-8 might be a better choice, for a first build...unless you need something that's Sport Pilot eligible.

Ron Wanttaja

Yellowhammer
01-24-2020, 09:08 AM
I know this is a very old post but I happen to know the good people at Flying Legends very well. The Tucano Relplica is an outstanding aircraft . Did you ever decide to get one?

Scooper
01-24-2020, 06:34 PM
I know this is a very old post but I happen to know the good people at Flying Legends very well. The Tucano Replica is an outstanding aircraft . Did you ever decide to get one?
Very old post? January 17, 2020 was a week ago. :confused:

Evargas163
01-25-2020, 10:40 PM
There are a lot of great kits in the market right now. Still doing some research on Tucano R and Sling 2 Kit.

TinoS
10-12-2020, 08:41 PM
Sorry for reviving. But for future reference: I am building one, feel free to contact me via pm.

Tino

crtf1
04-20-2024, 04:23 PM
Hi, I was considering a Tucano R. Any words of wisdom? How did the build go?

CraigCantwell
04-21-2024, 11:36 AM
Plug in Tucano in the advanced search on the EAA Builder's Log page and there are 6 projects currently in work.