PDA

View Full Version : Wholly Holley,

Bill Greenwood
12-26-2019, 02:58 PM
It's common in various church services to use holy water. Usual way is to sprinkle a few drops on the members forhead.
But in Louisiana they do things bigger and better, not just a few drops, they use a real crop duster to fly over and spray the congregation with 100 gallons, according to the news on Yahoo today.

Floatsflyer
12-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Hope the tank was cleaned out real good Bubba so that there was no Pesticide residue mixed in. Guess we'll know in 6-8 months. Holly s**t!

DaleB
12-27-2019, 09:23 AM
Wonder how long it will be before the FAA enforcement action begins.

raytoews
12-29-2019, 01:26 AM
That would be an aerial baptism.

Mayhemxpc
12-30-2019, 09:40 PM
The article in Avweb says that they ensured the plane was cleansed of all pesticides. No, it would not be an aerial baptism. I suppose that theoretically, it CULD be done that way. This was just a modern way of the traditional blessing of the fields.

lynnlpitts
12-30-2019, 11:19 PM
I remember in, I think, late seventies or early eighties being in a tent, with my wife and two small kids, at the campground when at 6 AM a crop duster flew over and sprayed pesticide on everyone...EAA said it was to control small black hard shelled bugs that were everywhere. I guess this is the reason I'm a goofball today?