PDA

View Full Version : Lost Solidworks Simulation Tutorial with Control Arm

psbrannan
10-05-2019, 09:00 AM
I was extremely happy to see that the EAA version now includes a full version of simulation. This will help me with my work on the Marquart Charger gear fix immensely. Here's my question: When I opened the new version I somehow found, and completed a simulation tutorial. It linked some downloadable exercises. I have now lost the location (in Solidworks) of that tutorial and it doesn't seem to be in any of the standard tutorial locations. Does anybody know where I can find it?

Jeffrey Meyer
10-06-2019, 05:00 AM
Hi,

What kind of simulation are you trying to do? Force simulation? Linear Statics?

Does this youtube clip help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQ0gxq3bMs

Also try going to the Solidworks Help->Solidworks Tutorials. Look for a tutorial description that looks like the simulation you want to do. When the tutorial starts it usually gives you a link to the data you need for it.

Perhaps I didn't understand your need, but I hope this helps.

Jeffrey

psbrannan
10-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Thanks for your reply. My post wasn't clear. First of all, I'm interested in static analysis.

When I started my new install of Solidworks 2019, it lead me to the tutorial referenced above. This tutorial simulated forces on the control arm pictured had follow on exercises, which I downloaded from Solidworks. After completion of the exercises was to come back to the tutorial to see if I had reached the correct conclusions.

Somehow, after a reboot of my PC, I cannot find the original tutorial, or the exercise conclusions.

It's a stupid situation, but I would like to find the original tutorial, which is NOT in the Solidworks tutorial collection.

Pat

Jeffrey Meyer
10-06-2019, 07:52 AM
OK Pat, I'm on holiday at the moment so I'll try and get back to you in a day or two. If I understood you correctly you saved a tutorial before you finished it, and now you want to get back to your saved state rather than the initial state when the tutorial started?

Jeffrey

Cory Puuri
10-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Your assessment is correct, it is gone from SOLIDWORKS Tutorials. Here is a video of the tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HEsMuJ9QY