PDA

View Full Version : For Sale, Private Pilot Course and Commerical Pilot Course, Test Books

Bill Greenwood
09-30-2019, 10:09 AM
Both courses free to whoever needs them. These are the older books circa '90 that I used and will be mostly the same as a brand new course, both private and commercial rating. Any student who is diligent to work through and answer all the practice questions should easily pass their written tests. These say Sporty's Academy and AOPA on the covers.

I missed one question on my private written test, on airport lighting, still bugs me, a 100% would have been nice. The commercial is similar to private but much more detailed, and involved. I didn't study as much for the instrument, missed a few on that test, think I made 86. The inst rating is much harder, but again anyone who works through the course and all the practice questions should pass their written handily.

malexander
01-16-2020, 07:38 PM
Bill, Do you still have these?

Bill Greenwood
01-19-2020, 10:59 AM
Well, I packed them away since folks were moslty interested in negative comments about the dates. And they weren't perfect sources, after all I did miss one question on my writtend test.

malexander
01-24-2020, 01:39 PM
I have a young gal (20) that's been flying with me for the past 2 1/2 years. She wants to get her PPL so bad she can taste it. She went to OSH with us last year, and is all excited about getting to go again this year. My daughter is a CFII/MEII. We have a C-150 and a C-172. I'm going to let her use my airplane(s), all on me, to get her license.
So, I thought if I could find some study material for her, for the right price, that'd just be one more obstacle out of the way.

We want young people to get interested in aviation, but most of them can't afford to shell out 8-10k to get their licenses. Seems like everyone wants to "help out", but it's mostly just lip service. You know, pat'em on the back and say good job, tell them nice things, etc. Well, I want to go a step further, do EVERYTHING I can to keep her motivated, without worrying about not being able to finish because of money.