PDA

View Full Version : Unsung hero company at Oshkosh goes to....

Frank Giger
07-31-2019, 06:34 PM
The porta-potty companies.

That's a lot of pee and poo being generated almost non-stop, and I wasn't in a single one that was nasty or full.

CHICAGORANDY
07-31-2019, 06:36 PM
I 100% concur. The company staff providing the non-stop service were true pros. Talk about a dirty, thankless job. And thank the heavens they are there to do it every year. Never was in a nasty one either.

ssteve1
07-31-2019, 07:38 PM
Oh My Gosh, YES! I don't know what those guys and gals are paid, but the eaa owes them more than they get. Go ahead, bump up my ticket price, cause they are awesome! The porties I visited were clean, had sanitizer and lots of toilet paper (or whatever it is we call it today), I had privacy and were located where and when I wanted. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

krw920
07-31-2019, 08:18 PM
Was watching a team of them working on cleaning a line of them, and people walking between the pots and their truck, trying to use them, oblivious to them trying to clean them. Finally they had to take a strap between the truck and the pots to keep the people out. I sure hope they are paid well for the job they have to do, and did well!

Floatsflyer
07-31-2019, 08:58 PM
It's a sh*tty job but someone has to do it. And glad someone does.

Mayhemxpc
07-31-2019, 08:58 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: For the port a pottie crews!

robert l
08-01-2019, 06:10 AM
When I was there last year, my pop up was within 50 feet of three porta pottys. I spent a lot of time at the camper because of some leg problems so I got to see the PP guys fairly often and I always told them how much I appreciated the work they do. I worked construction for 50 years and I can tell you, the only time those PP's are not nasty is within the first 30 min of cleaning. I have also seen a couple burn to the water line !!! An email to the company would really make their day.

CarlOrton
08-01-2019, 06:58 AM
I found myself thinking about their cleanliness, too. I stepped in one in the afternoon and thought dang this thing is clean!!

I like the idea of thanking the PP provider.

CHICAGORANDY
08-01-2019, 07:07 AM
Just sent off my thank-you e-mail to:

peggy@rentapotty.net , the Dean Septic contact person in Fond Du Lac.

DaleB
08-01-2019, 07:09 AM
I've been there four times, and have been impressed all four times by the fact that the porta-potties are without exception the cleanest I've ever seen. The last two trips I camped in HBC, and the shower trailers were also exceptionally clean, cool, and make the whole experience a lot better.

Low Pass
08-01-2019, 07:28 AM
+1 The company does a consistently good job!!

FlyingRon
08-01-2019, 09:21 AM
The porta-potty companies.

That's a lot of pee and poo being generated almost non-stop, and I wasn't in a single one that was nasty or full.

I guess I'll have to disagree. This year the servicing was particularly AWFUL especially early on during the show. Levels were getting up to near the seat in many. For the first few days there were NO portapotties open south of the Red Barn in Vintage save the one that was supposed to be for vounteers at our flight line ops (but we left open) and two out of a bank in the camping area behind the hangar cafe. Even these were not serviced for days.

It's not clear whether this was a defect in PitStop (who got the contract previous held by WM or if you go back far enough Metro) or the EAA cheaping out and not paying them to do things early on.

troy_m
08-01-2019, 09:44 AM
I agree,the maintenance was generally pretty good. My only complaint was thst by Sunday, there was no hand sanitizer in any of the porta-potties I visited. Luckily I brought along my own.

mazdaP5
08-01-2019, 10:21 AM
I thought they were very well maintained this year. I almost always entered a clean jon, even with all of the mud and rain. Great work.:thumbsup:

Mayhemxpc
08-01-2019, 02:17 PM
I guess I'll have to disagree. This year the servicing was particularly AWFUL especially early on during the show. Levels were getting up to near the seat in many. For the first few days there were NO portapotties open south of the Red Barn in Vintage save the one that was supposed to be for vounteers at our flight line ops (but we left open) and two out of a bank in the camping area behind the hangar cafe. Even these were not serviced for days.

Ron, That is an interesting observation. It is 180 degrees out from what I observed Sunday through Thursday from Four Corners and north to the North 40. I wonder why things were so good on the north side and so different south of Boeing plaza?

N3kf
08-01-2019, 04:40 PM
The porta potties near where Oshkosh equipment was, got pretty filled up some days. And there were the jokesters that thought plugging the urinals with toilet paper was funny. But, mostly they did a great job. And the ones in Scholler n were maintained very well...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kyle Boatright
08-01-2019, 04:48 PM
And there were the jokesters that thought plugging the urinals with toilet paper was funny. But, mostly they did a great job.

I saw a few of those and am pretty certain one of them was plugged by the kid who exited the very clean porta-pottie right before I used it.

And if we're sharing porta pottie stories, I had the misfortune of using one the morning after the corn roast in HBC. Brunswick stew will never be the same for me.