PDA

View Full Version : Electrical site only to run CPap machine

thesawch
07-07-2019, 11:08 PM
I use a C Pap machine when I sleep so Iif I could get a electrical site I would bring it otherwise I will leave it at home but not the best idea.my question is can you get a electrical site without water as I don't need water . Staying in a tent also . Thanks

FlyingRon
07-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Don't think that's going to happen. Best bet is to get either a battery CPAP or battery-inverter setup.

Auburntsts
07-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Yep. I just ordered a RockPals 300W power unit and a DC adapter cord for my CPAP. By getting the adapter no invertor is needed (although the RockPals unit has one) which more importantly equates to longer battery life as you aren't wasting power converting to AC only to covert back to DC.

robert l
07-12-2019, 06:23 AM
I also use a C PAP and I have one, my very first one, that can also be used with 12 volts. When I go camping I just take a Deep Cycle 12 volt battery with me. It will power my C Pap, which only gets used about 5 to 6 hrs a night, and also a small 12 volt fan. I have a small solar panel to help keep the 12 volt charged but I don't know if it really does any good. I general don't camp more that 5 days and haven't had any problems with running out of power.

psvinny
07-12-2019, 08:34 AM
I bought an automotive jump box (jump and carry 660). I have a 12 volt plug for my CPAP. It usually runs for 3 days before I have to charge it. I use the CPCP without the humidifier camping at EAA.

RC Gregg
07-12-2019, 03:21 PM
A friend of mine bought a solar panel and battery charger kit at harbor freight. It's 4'x4' and heavy, but lays flat on one of my bunks in my pop up camper for transport. It does not include a battery. A deep cycle marine battery powered it all night with charge to spare.

RC Gregg
07-13-2019, 02:57 PM
A friend of mine bought a solar panel and battery charger kit at harbor freight. It's 4'x4' and heavy, but lays flat on one of my bunks in my pop up camper for transport. It does not include a battery. A deep cycle marine battery powered it all night with charge to spare.
I should have said it powered my friends cpap machine all night. not the whole camper.

Auburntsts
07-14-2019, 04:44 AM
I got my Rockpals 300W power station early last week to run my CPAP and to charge our phones and tablets. I just ran a test using it to power my CPAP and by using a DC adapter cord I was able to get four 7-hour nights out of it. I’m guessing it would have been 2-3 nights had I used the AC plug and the CPAP’s normal power supply. But in any event I estimate that I’ll only have it recharge it at OSH once based upon my test.

robert l
07-16-2019, 11:57 AM
If I'm not mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time, there are only 3, Electric and Water camp sites left. Not that I'm going this year, just an observation. And correct me if I'm wrong.
Bob

Wrongway Feldman
07-16-2019, 01:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time, there are only 3, Electric and Water camp sites left. Not that I'm going this year, just an observation. And correct me if I'm wrong.
Bob
Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water sites available.
Improved Camping etix.com (https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8791421/improved-camping-oshkosh-eaa-airventure-oshkosh-member)

SteveCostello
07-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water available.
Improved Camping etix.com (https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8791421/improved-camping-oshkosh-eaa-airventure-oshkosh-member)

Man. It just truly blows my mind that people are willing to pay $65 a day for a site they aren't even using yet. Incredible that the market bears that.

I was just having a hard enough time thinking about paying $65 a day there... period. Much less pay for several weeks of not even being there.

robert l
07-16-2019, 02:00 PM
Man. It just truly blows my mind that people are willing to pay $65 a day for a site they aren't even using yet. Incredible that the market bears that.

I was just having a hard enough time thinking about paying $65 a day there... period. Much less pay for several weeks of not even being there.

Well, I can't make it this year, and yes, paying for a site for two or three weeks before you can get there can add up. But, it's a lot cheaper than a motel and if you have the time, go ahead and start camping. I hope to one day arrive a week early, just for the h, fun of it !
Bob

robert l
07-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water sites available.

Of the two times I camped at Scholler, I never paid any attention to where the Electric and Water sites were, never could afford it. But, it would be nice if someone would make a video while riding through to get a better idea of which sites are along Schaick, Lindberg, Elm ave and so on. Who knows, one day I may just go for it and spend that egg money !
Bob

Carlos Rodriguez
01-28-2020, 12:44 AM
My friend tested Jackery Explorer 500 and Picowe for CPAP machine and it worked well.
However, all promotional material shows Jackery being used to keep a CPAP machine running, but that is contradicted in user manual that comes with Explorer 500:

Our product is not suitable to be used with equipment that relates to one’s own personal safety and relies heavily on electricity, such as medical devices...

If you’re in a situation with no power, being able to plug in a CPAP machine to a power bank seems to me to be a much better option than going without at all, but the controverisal pormo and manufacturers messaging is confusing..I would research their official manufacturer's websites just to be sure if these power banks work here or look for some other brands.
https://wildproofgear.com/the-best-portable-power-station/

CHICAGORANDY
01-28-2020, 09:50 AM
User manuals are written by the legal dept of a manufacturer. I am stunned that there is not a legal disclaimer on cans of pork & beans. lol

FlyingRon
01-29-2020, 08:14 AM
User manuals are written by the legal dept of a manufacturer. I am stunned that there is not a legal disclaimer on cans of pork & beans. lol

My favorite was reading the warnings on a propane flame thrower thing that I bought for my wife to weed with. One of the "important safety tips" was "Do not apply the flame to the propane tank to boost the pressure."
Now really. I wouldn't have thought about doing that until I read it. Now when working with the thing on a cold day and the tank is getting low... well...

CHICAGORANDY
01-29-2020, 03:49 PM
And MANY warnings on products are mandated by the lawyers BECAUSE some gomer went and did that very thing in a 'hold my beer and watch this' event.