PDA

View Full Version : Hints for Homebuilders

Sirota
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Folks,

Is any one else tired of the hearing the introduction tune at the beginning of each Hints for Hombuilders' video? I hadn't been on the site for several months and watched 5 - 10 videos last night. I would have watched more but by the third or fourth video I was ready to shoot the computer if I had to listen to THAT SONG again. You'd think they'd figure out a way to only make you listen to it on the first video of the day or when you first log on.

Kyle Boatright
11-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi Folks,

Is any one else tired of the hearing the introduction tune at the beginning of each Hints for Hombuilders' video? I hadn't been on the site for several months and watched 5 - 10 videos last night. I would have watched more but by the third or fourth video I was ready to shoot the computer if I had to listen to THAT SONG again. You'd think they'd figure out a way to only make you listen to it on the first video of the day or when you first log on.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The other day I was gonna PM Chad Jensen about that very topic but got sidetracked somehow. Nothing wrong with the song, but after the first 100 or so times listening to it, it is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Besides, every time I listen to it, that's 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

flyingriki
11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Ditto!!

But the videos are great!

Bill
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Ditto!!

But the videos are great!

I love the videos too, but if I hear that theme music one more time, I'm going to do something that I'll have to clean up!

Seerjfly
11-28-2011, 09:02 PM

rosiejerryrosie
11-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I turn the sound down till the actual video starts.

Way too practical, Bob.

Seerjfly
11-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Sirota
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I mute the music too but it's a step we shouldn't have to take. Maybe someone in OSH will note this thread and make the modification.

Chad Jensen
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I *think* there is a change coming, but don't hold me to that at this point. I'm thinking that I heard a couple months ago that something was gonna change for the intro, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was exactly. I'll check in to it and see what I can find out.

FWIW...I mute or turn down the speakers too...:rollseyes:

Sirota
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks Chad.

nrpetersen
11-30-2011, 12:30 PM
I completely agree the intro music is very annoying. Thanks Chad.

Chad Jensen
12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
As John Mellencamp said...Changes come around real soon...;) Look for it in tomorrow's HFH!:cool:

PaulDow
12-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I heard from "unnamed sources" that the HfH theme is going to be changed to:
http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/peanut-butter-jelly-time.swf

Edit: My sources were wrong again. But they told me they used to work for Eason Jordan and Jayson Blair!

I think it's a good choice. It still has some elements of the original, without the sound effects.
My guess is the original thought behind HfH was to get online to get an idea or two. For some occasions, they've turned into a feature-length movie.

Chick
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Just watched the newest HFH video. The new theme is a great improvement. It is short, and more pleasant. Thanks to whoever pulled this off.

Edward Perkins
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I agree with flyingriki, the videos are great even if the music gets to you after awhile.