PDA

View Full Version : Footless Halls - or why flying is good (video)

futurshox
11-28-2011, 06:53 AM
I made this video when a friend took me flying the other day. Since then, a few folks seem to be using it to show their friends why they like flying. Hope you enjoy it too.

Edit: You'll have to use your imagination to look at the fluffy cloud tops here...

rosiejerryrosie
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Great pics and well done. Sure hope your friend filed IFR ;)

FrankCordrey
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I agree.....beautiful flying in and out of the clouds.....except for the disregard for VFR cloud separation limits.

Floatsflyer
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Well done! You have captured the essence of pure flight, this infectious disease we pilots all have and the romantic notion we seem to aspire to. In a word it's called freedom.

Eric Page
11-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Looks like fun, and it certainly does capture the magic, but I'd echo Jerry and Frank regarding the obvious disregard for VFR Cloud Clearance requirements. Not a good example to set, particularly the partly-IMC aerobatics.

Also, CTAF calls should include the aircraft's tail number, although I can understand why your friend wouldn't want his registration audible in that video.

You might consider doing your buddy a favor and take the clip down before somebody with "Aviation Safety Inspector" after his name sees it. Even without the tail number, he wouldn't be hard to find; there probably aren't too many RV-8s based at that field.