PDA

View Full Version : Find active chapters (and meeting information) in Atlanta?

thisadviceisworthles
11-28-2018, 12:56 PM
I live just south of Atlanta Georgia (I can sometimes hear planes landing at Hartsfield). And I am trying to get more involved with the EAA, and meet more pilots and builders. I have attended a couple of meetings of EAA 468, and they are a great group in Williamson, but it is a long drive that is made worse by my reluctance to wake up early on a Saturday morning.

I would expect that there are other chapters closer, but when I search the nearest I can find is Newnan (I would like to drop in on a meeting soon).
Are there any active chapters in Atlanta?

Sam Oleson
11-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Hello, have you tried searching for chapters near Atlanta on EAA's website? There are a couple active chapters in the Atlanta area with contact information. You can search for chapters here: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-chapters/find-an-eaa-chapter

If you have any additional questions, I can reach out to our chapters office.

The Boss
12-07-2018, 12:20 PM
I live just south of Atlanta Georgia (I can sometimes hear planes landing at Hartsfield). And I am trying to get more involved with the EAA, and meet more pilots and builders. I have attended a couple of meetings of EAA 468, and they are a great group in Williamson, but it is a long drive that is made worse by my reluctance to wake up early on a Saturday morning.

I would expect that there are other chapters closer, but when I search the nearest I can find is Newnan (I would like to drop in on a meeting soon).
Are there any active chapters in Atlanta?

EAA 1025
Atlanta, GA
President: Emory Geiger
Meetings: 3rd Sat., 8:00 AM 8:30AM
Hangar J
Oxford GA 30054
Programs: Flight Advisors, Eagle Flights

EAA 1415
Atlanta, GA
President: Richard Hogan
Meetings: 3rd Sat., 9:30AM
63 Industrial Dr.
Cartersville GA 30120
Programs: Young Eagles

Airmutt
12-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Chapter 1415’s meeting info is out of date. They have reorganized and now meet up in Calhoun

The Boss
12-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Chapter 1415’s meeting info is out of date. They have reorganized and now meet up in Calhoun
How does 1025 look?

thisadviceisworthles
12-12-2018, 01:15 PM
I live near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, and Cartersville is over an hour from me, Calhoon is 40 minutes farther. Neither are realistic while I don't have a plane of my own. I emailed the address on file for 1025 to verify the meeting time, but I never heard anything back, and at nearly an hour away I don't want to make the drive unless I am sure it is happening. The next ones I want to check out are EAA 6 in Newnan and 1568 in Locust Grove, but I think both meetings are canceled in December for Christmas.

Eric Cernjar
01-07-2019, 12:36 PM
I live near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, and Cartersville is over an hour from me, Calhoon is 40 minutes farther. Neither are realistic while I don't have a plane of my own. I emailed the address on file for 1025 to verify the meeting time, but I never heard anything back, and at nearly an hour away I don't want to make the drive unless I am sure it is happening. The next ones I want to check out are EAA 6 in Newnan and 1568 in Locust Grove, but I think both meetings are canceled in December for Christmas.

Hi I'm just checking in, were you able to find any more info? If not perhaps I can help. Feel free to reach out to me either via email (ecernjar@eaa.org) or you can call me directly (920-426-6829)

Thanks!

thisadviceisworthles
01-07-2019, 07:28 PM
I attended the 1025 pancake breakfast last month and I enjoyed getting to know that group. It's a little too far to plan regular attendance, but I am hoping that I can make a few more trips out there and attend a few of their meetings.

This month I want to attend the EAA 6 meeting in Newnan. I am told that they meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, like the other EAA Chapters in the area.

With this weather lately, if I can fly on a Saturday I am inclined to cancel everything to do that.

Eric Cernjar
01-11-2019, 07:58 AM
I attended the 1025 pancake breakfast last month and I enjoyed getting to know that group. It's a little too far to plan regular attendance, but I am hoping that I can make a few more trips out there and attend a few of their meetings.

This month I want to attend the EAA 6 meeting in Newnan. I am told that they meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, like the other EAA Chapters in the area.

With this weather lately, if I can fly on a Saturday I am inclined to cancel everything to do that.

Great! I'd love to hear an update

Sailormike
12-19-2019, 06:33 AM
I plan to go to the next pancake meeting myself in Lawrenceville (chapter 690). They seem to be very active. About 45 min. from you +/- on a Saturday morning