PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 3-view outline/drawing of an SA 102.5 Cavalier

poundkey
10-26-2018, 07:11 AM
Hi,

Could anyone direct me to a good, clear 3-view drawing of an SA 102.5 Cavalier? I found a few on the Internet, but they're horribly low resolution. I don't need any structural details; an outline is fine.

What I want to do is build a flying RC model of one, so it doesn't need to be *that* accurate. I've been flying RC aircraft for 30 years (and I have a degree in aerospace engineering), so I can fudge details as needed. I just wanted a good starting point to improve the accuracy of my model.

And why an SA 102.5 Cavalier, you wonder? Well, it was the first airplane I ever flew in. It was built and piloted by a guy who used to fly RC airplanes with me when I was a kid. Tragically, he and his son were killed when they crashed in the Cavalier a few weeks after my first flight.

Anyway, if anyone can help on this, that would be great! Otherwise, I'll work with what I can find online.

Thanks!

Scooper
11-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Coincidentally, I just won an ebay auction for a vintage Cavalier SA 102.5 booklet. It includes a 3-view drawing which I'd be happy to scan and email to you if you like.

This is a photo of the drawing from the auction.

poundkey
11-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Oh, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I just sent a message to you.

Thanks!

If I remember, I'll post a photo of the model when I complete it.

Scooper
11-09-2018, 06:14 PM