PDA

View Full Version : Need a Helicopter Condition Inspection Checklist

a6bn69
09-28-2018, 04:03 AM
I finished my build of a Mosquito XE285, and just received my AWC. I cobbled together a condition inspection checklist from several sources (EAA, AC 90-89, etc.) but unfortunately, these were written specifically for fixed wing (not a lot of us helo guys out here).

Just curious if someone could point me to a published checklist to compare notes and make sure I haven't missed anything. And I'm sure I'll be editing my version the more I use it.

Thanks

Frank Giger
09-28-2018, 10:09 AM
I'd ask the build group for it! Lord knows I asked for and modified about three of them for my own use on the Nieuport.

gbrasch
09-28-2018, 10:09 AM
I would think the Mosquito people (company, forums, builder support, etc) would be a resource for you.

FlyingRon
09-28-2018, 01:11 PM
A Mosquito builder and owner is on his way over to my house for the weekend. I can ask him if he has such.

a6bn69
09-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Thanks, I'm on the Mosquito forum as well (naturally) but just trying to cover all bases.

Bill Berson
09-28-2018, 09:01 PM
The Operating Limitations might be a guide. Often FAR 43 Appendix D is used as a framework. Kinda simple framework but add what you want.

23. Condition inspections must be recorded in the aircraft logbook andmaintenance records showing the following, or a similarly worded,statement: “I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on [insert date] inaccordance with the scope and detail of FAR 43 Appendix D, and was foundto be in a condition for safe operation.” The entry will include the aircraft’stotal time-in-service (cycles if appropriate), and the name, signature,certificate number, and type of certificate held by the person performing theinspection.
NOTE: Limitations 24 and 25 will be issued in lieu of limitations 22 and 23for turbine-powered amateur-built aircraft

FlyingRon
09-29-2018, 07:06 AM
Chip says he's pretty sure there's one in the builder's manual (though obviously he's halfway across the state from his copy right now).

a6bn69
09-29-2018, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the get-back. The only thing I know of in the build manual is the Preflight checklist. That's pretty thorough, but I was thinking if you can write a generic condition inspection for a fixed wing, why wouldn't there be one for a helo.

Also just found a general rotorhead forum, probably should go there instead. Thanks for the inputs.