PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Oxygen and acetylene tanks

RonK
08-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Where can I get a good deal on oxygen and acetylene tanks?

NAPA use to have a good deal to rent them, but now they want around $176.99 for the oxy bottle and $194.99 for an acetylene bottle, plus $18.00 to fill the oxy bottle and $44.00 to fill the acetylene bottle. To refill you exchange them for different bottles and just pay the $18.00 and $44.00 dollars. Note: These are mid-size bottles, between the small ones about 2 ft high and the big one around 5 feet high. I would say these are about 3 to 4 feet high.

Is this normal price for these bottles and refills?

Thank you in advance,

RonK

CharlieN
08-31-2018, 05:08 AM
If you have a Tractor Supply store nearby give them a look, they offer that you can buy the bottles such that you do not pay the yearly fee.

Bill Berson
08-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Used bottles from auctions or yard sales can be cheap. Just make sure they are exchangeable "sold" bottles, not "leased" bottles.

martymayes
08-31-2018, 10:47 AM
At your local welding supplier, the one that will be refilling them.

Mike Switzer
08-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Nobody around here sells bottles, they are leased only. I pay $30/year per bottle, the shop makes more off the lease than they do the gas. I do own a large liquid propane bottle for a tractor mounted weed burner, but I may be forced to replace it when I need to refill it if it "fails inspection" & they refuse to refill it.

RonK
08-31-2018, 03:54 PM
there is a Tractor supply in Benson, AZ, I live near Pearce, AZ. I think the closets Welding supplier is somewhere in Tucson, AZ I'll check it out.

Thank you, everyone, for your response.

RonK

martymayes
08-31-2018, 06:29 PM
They gave me the option to rent, lease or buy. I choose lease and in retrospect, I should have taken the buy option. I leased my oxygen bottle and used LP gas until I decided I needed to weld. I bought my Acetylene bottle. Now I have one owned and one leased.

RonK
09-01-2018, 10:00 AM
I called a welding supply in Safford AZ, and their prices for bottles are twice the price of NAPA for oxygen and acetylene, those were no4 acetylene and #200 oxygen bottles. I'll check out tractor supply next week after the holiday. Their prices were pretty good but it said 'out of stock' on all the bottles online.

vaflier
09-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Look on harbor freight. I know they sell the smaller bottles maybe they sell the larger ones.