PDA

View Full Version : Request for Convention Setup Crew (benches)

CarlOrton
06-08-2018, 09:06 AM
It's probably too late for this request, but is there any way to put a bench or two along Celebration Way between the entry gate and the flight line? Last year there was not a single bench (well, except for the little mini-park just inside the entry gate) the entire distance. I was having issues last year and was really disappointed there was no place to take a load off...

Floatsflyer
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Carl, if they don't grant your request, go to the Cessna/Beech exhibit and have a sit down in any airplane including the jets and turboprops. I know from experience they'll be accomodating for a short while.

CarlOrton
06-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Good idea, Floats; Nothing like a sweaty old fart at the end of the day to lend an "air" to a new airplane cabin! (but I do shower every day I'm there!) The great think about Oshkosh is that we all dress alike that week, so you can't tell a rich guy from a poor one. "Why, yes, I'm interested in this jet... What type of depreciation scenarios can you project for me?...."

Floatsflyer
06-08-2018, 04:20 PM
"Why, yes, I'm interested in this jet... What type of depreciation scenarios can you project for me?...."

No, no, no, no. You want to talk about management fees and lease-backs, then they'll take you seriously.

CarlOrton
06-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Good point; how silly of me! How forgetful of me. If I'm gonna pose, I've got to get the story straight!