PDA

View Full Version : What Our Members Are Building

Clarke Tate
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Has EAA ever considered a What Our Members Are Building links similar to what is shown in Sport Aviation?
With the web based exchange of information it seems like a central point at EAA for members to view other completed projects of a type, as well as those under construction, would be a natural for an organization
founded on "building ones dream". Yes, one can do web searches but EAA should be THE place for this.
It is just a thought.

Clarke

Chad Jensen
11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
One of our members is doing just that...

http://www.homebuiltdirectory.com/

I think it's great too!

Clarke Tate
11-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I was hoping for the natural traction EAA would have with something like this being a truly ubiquitous destination. THE location to begin a search for a project by viewing other projects. A central location not to host, but a link to what members are building and information for designs much like Aerocrafter did. Working with project links by type, along with practical summarized lead information regarding the type, with a link to plans/kit information if it still exists.

This is what EAA is! Use this credibility to create member/builders. I like what the homebuiltdirectory is trying to do and wish them luck; EAA can drive traffic to them if owner builders don't have a link of their own. EAA has decades of traction that is not being used; this can be effectively utilized to generate EAA website traffic of current and future members.