PDA

View Full Version : Aerotech Engines Limited in Canada ??

supercub43
08-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Has anyone had any experiences with Aerotech Engines Limited of Canada? Looking for any info pros or cons. thanks
Brian

gyrojohn
08-31-2017, 05:58 PM
Has anyone had any experiences with Aerotech Engines Limited of Canada? Looking for any info pros or cons. thanks
Brian
Had one on the HoneyBee G2. It ran fine and produced good power. We used it on the two place and then moved to a single place gyro where it was a hot rod.
As I remember we had some problem with customs because it was listed as an airplane engine and they wanted certification papers or something like that. I guess best to import as an airboat engine.

iterk
09-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Brian

I just spotted this request. I used them almost exclusively for my 7 airplane NH flight school (1992-1999) and one more C 85-12 in 2008. We ALWAYS had EXCELLENT engines at a very reasonable price. The Can $ made it even better at the time. I'm in FL these days and as a retired but still active A&PIA I build my own few engines but the fact that they are still there and still cranking out engines after all these years speaks volumes!