PDA

View Full Version : Member Oasis?

wallda
08-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Where is the Member Oasis located?

CHICAGORANDY
08-02-2017, 05:54 AM
Is that also called the Welcome Center? Or the Shell Aviation Club?

wallda
08-02-2017, 06:01 AM
This was mentioned in a previous post... "I noticed a couple of things at the convention that I felt don't get the attention they deserve.One is the EAA member Oasis. There's an air-conditioned area with computers, and an outdoor patio area under umbrellas. It's not right on the flight line, but you can see virtually all of the airshow from there. It's like being in one of those high-priced chalets. Although there's no catering, there is cold water."

I would like to know where it is located as it would have been great to take advantage of.

CHICAGORANDY
08-02-2017, 06:20 AM
I do believe that the poster was referring to the Aviator's Club near the Brown Arch?

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/about-eaa/eaa-media-room/airventure-news-releases/2013-11-19---aviators-club-offers-special-extras-for-eaa-members-at-eaa-airventure-oshkosh-2014

PaulDow
08-02-2017, 06:23 AM
I was talking about the area within the EAA Member center. It's much less expensive than the Aviator's Club (free with admission and EAA membership.)

CHICAGORANDY
08-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Well, one of my guesses was correct - lol - Thanks for the follow-up.

There are just SO many things at AirVenture that it's near impossible for one person to know where everything is. Like a riding buddy of mine always says " We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."