PDA

View Full Version : N40 Showers

slin
07-27-2017, 09:28 PM
We are having a great week, we usual, here at OSH. I did have a question though. All week we've been taking showers here in the N40 with water temps that range from chilly to ice-cold. I've heard rumors that the water is warm super early in the morning, but it's never been warm for us even when we try in the late afternoon /evening (i.e. at non peak times).

What's weird is that in past years I remember the water always being warm, even when there was a line for the showers - that is, even when the showers were busy and lots of water being used.

Does anyone know whether the hot water source is broken (this is the new shower house closest to the show entrance, haven't tried the other shower house) or whether they changed the method of generating hot water this year, or what's happening?

I hate to complain about a relatively minor issue in the face of the great weather and good time we're having, but not having had a warm shower in a week is starting to get old, especially for my wife and kids!

Thanks!

baboss
07-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Its definitely been lukewarm to chilly between 5am-9am since Saturday in my experience. Never heard why.
On my list of things to share when I get the survey.

azmedic85355
07-27-2017, 09:53 PM
I finally went to the truck stop down the road,paid $10 and had the most luxurious HOT shower I've had in days. Money very well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert l
07-28-2017, 06:32 AM
I'm not at A/V this year but will be in 2018, so that truck stop location would be nice to know !
Thanks,
Bob

azmedic85355
07-28-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm not at A/V this year but will be in 2018, so that truck stop location would be nice to know !
Thanks,
Bob

It's literally on the opposite side of the expressway from the south entrance to EAA. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170728/62b296748576a68a08fa7bf23f4336bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martymayes
07-28-2017, 11:30 AM
It's literally on the opposite side of the expressway from the south entrance to EAA.

And they have a Subway Sandwich shop, lol. One stop shopping.

The Scholler shower house on the corner of Elm and Stits had chilly water during one of my morning showers but all other times it was fine. I just passed it off as hot water depletion as there were a lot of people in the Scholler outskirts! It was great!!

mc20
07-28-2017, 11:36 AM
The scholler shower behind the camp store near the entrance has been fine every time I've used it. 8am one morning and 9-10pm every other time

robert l
07-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Wow, that was simple, and quick. Thanks az !
Bob

planemechae
07-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Yesterday just after the airshow before most of the crowds got in the showers at Elm and Stits were extremely hot. Almost too hot after a full day out in the sun.

MtnMarcus
07-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Yeah I thought the showers in the N40 were almost to hot in the morning as well as the evenings. Minor issues though given the great time had

L16 Pilot
07-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Heck! We had cold showers most of the time when I was in the air force in Alaska.

slin
07-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Heck! We had cold showers most of the time when I was in the air force in Alaska.

I'm sure that's true, but you probably weren't trying to convince your wife and kids to join the Air Force (whereas I'm trying to convince my wife and kids to give camping @ OSH another shot!) :) The cold showers was a fairly big issue to them. In retrospect, I should have walked over to the older shower house - the red one - and tried there. I wonder if the people saying they had warm showers in the N40 were using that one? Because the newer shower house never seemed to have warm water.

Again, I guess I was just looking to see if anyone knew of any changes this year, since in previous years I don't ever remember having a cold shower and this year every shower was cold.

Thanks!

L16 Pilot
07-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Good point! I was only there for one day this year so no shower needed until I got home. Normally I park in the vintage lot (if I fly) and I see they had a different shower 'wagon' there so I'm wondering how that worked out.

kshaw
08-01-2017, 06:30 PM
The green shower house needs mirrors above the sinks to facilitate shaving.

Grum.man
08-02-2017, 07:50 AM
The shower trailers in HBC had hot water every time I showered. One trailer seemed to be better than the other. Overall I am very happy with the shower facilities in camping.