PDA

View Full Version : Lost wristband

azmedic85355
07-26-2017, 09:25 PM
Soooo,my 6 year old played a little too hard tonight and somehow lost his wristband for the week. Am I SOL or do I have any recourse to get him a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle Boatright
07-26-2017, 10:24 PM
I may have a solution. Call me in the morning. 770 722-408four

azmedic85355
07-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Will do

CarlOrton
07-27-2017, 06:11 AM
Do you still have the email they send you with your re-login PIN? That helps prove to EAA that you're a legit ticket holder. Additionally, just about any volunteer will see your group and in their hearts know that 6 yr olds will do that. What're they gonna do? Make you leave him in the car?

glider90
07-31-2017, 09:30 AM
I lost my weekly wristband a few years after they came out with the after the round passes (long time ago). I went to the shower with it, somehow came back without it. I was able to get to lost and found and ask if anyone turned one in. The worker pulled out a bin from under the counter and said with a grin "Any of these look like yours?"

FlyingRon
08-01-2017, 06:05 PM
This is the second year I've had a snap failure on the wristbands. The plastic is thinner, too. It seems they switched suppliers to the worse a couple of years ago. Fortunately, both times it came open in my tent and I found it again. After it happened this year I wrapped the fastener with electrical tape to secure it further.

Chris In Marshfield
08-02-2017, 04:59 AM
I took mine to the ticket booth, and they had a "kit" to repair it. Fixed it on the spot. That little guy faces a lot of abuse over the week, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dewi8095
08-02-2017, 05:20 AM
Was the original poster's lost wristband replaced at no cost or did he have to buy another one?

azmedic85355
08-02-2017, 05:33 AM
They replaced it no issue. Little old lady working the booth said it happens all the time including to her own grandson before

CarlOrton
08-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Yeah, the snaps were pretty poor this year. I was sitting on a bench eating a sandwich and a guy walks up to me and says, "Hey - where's your wristband?!?" I looked at my wrist and it was gone. Then he says, "there's one on the ground right next to you - maybe it's yours." It was; I happened to remember the serial number on it "just in case." One of the 3 "tangs" inside the latch part was broken off.

Wrongway Feldman
08-04-2017, 02:07 PM
I don't take any chances. :)

Mayhemxpc
08-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Duck tape. Don't leave home without it. (Although that would have not helped the original poster -- unless they took the precaution of duck taping the band to their child before opportunity to lose it transpired.)

EVERY year, one of my children manage to break the clasp. This year was no different. I wasn't offered a repair kit, just a replacement wrist band. That works.

Brian247028
08-05-2017, 11:31 AM
For those that have had failure how loose do you leave it around your wrist? I leave mine extremely loose since I don't like when I get hot, my wrist expands and then it's too tight. I haven't had any issues. With my wife she too has hers loose enough that when the event was done she slid it right over her hand. Not easily but she got it off. Just a thought that perhaps they are too tight?

Side question I saw one attached to the back of a ball cap. It was a weekly wristband. Doesn't it need to be around your wrist? I thought it was a good idea actually.

FlyingRon
08-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Rod Machado used to wear his on his ankle. "Banded like a bird" was his description.

I normally put mine on my wrist above the watch, loose enough that it isn't coming over my hand but not tight otherwise.

CarlOrton
08-05-2017, 07:53 PM
I saw one guy (whom I know) have his attached to a lanyard around his neck. He told me after the clasp released for the 3rd time he had enough of it.